Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dropped my 09 600rr back in July. I took it to the shop I bought the bike from, which is a Honda dealer. They've had the bike since July 15th and they keep telling me that the left cowl is on back order. It's been over a month - does this sound right? It's not like it's a brand new model year, how can a common part like this be on back order so long? I've lost a month of riding while waiting for the part, and the shop is telling me there's no telling when the part will be available from Honda. I'm getting frustrated because every week I call, and every week the response is, "We don't know when it'll be ready, we're waiting on the part from Honda."

-djb

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
What is it in for? Just the cowl replacement? If so, go get your bike back and have them let you know when the part comes in.

Better yet, find the cowl on here/ebay and do it yourself. No reason to be missing out on valuable riding time.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Google hondapartshouse go through the motion of looking up the part you need and see if they have it on back order if not order it and tell the dealership they are fucked and losing %100 of your future business and never take your bike to a dealership for a lil plastic damage. PS that was pretty stupid

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is it in for? Just the cowl replacement? If so, go get your bike back and have them let you know when the part comes in.

Better yet, find the cowl on here/ebay and do it yourself. No reason to be missing out on valuable riding time.
Unfortunately, it wasn't just the cowl. The radiator was replaced, too. Everything else is done, just waiting for the cowl. I'm just having a tough time believing that Honda doesn't have any cowls for the 09, hasn't for a month, and won't have any for the forseeable future.

-djb

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Google hondapartshouse go through the motion of looking up the part you need and see if they have it on back order if not order it and tell the dealership they are fucked and losing %100 of your future business and never take your bike to a dealership for a lil plastic damage. PS that was pretty stupid
I appreciate the advice, but why are you calling me stupid? Do you have little dik disease?

-djb

·
Registered
359 Posts
no just saying fixxing it yourself would have givein you a valuable and enjoyable experience. and priceless knowledge about your motorcycle. Really get to know the old gal after undressing her. and the other stuff couldn't have been too dificult with the help of the how to write ups on this forum. and a lot cheaper too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts