Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was riding today when I noticed the engine losing power. I looked at the rpms and they started dropping. I gave the throttle a good twist and the rpms went barely went up before dropping again. I pulled over and as soon as I stopped the engine shut off. This happened a few hours after I got my 600 mile maintenance at the dealership. Fuel and engine oil were ok. Any ideas??

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Hi all,

I was riding today when I noticed the engine losing power. I looked at the rpms and they started dropping. I gave the throttle a good twist and the rpms went barely went up before dropping again. I pulled over and as soon as I stopped the engine shut off. This happened a few hours after I got my 600 mile maintenance at the dealership. Fuel and engine oil were ok. Any ideas??
any mil light flashes?

D

·
0 Posts
I would take it back to the shop that did the service. If they lifted up your tank, chances are one of the fuel hoses is pinched.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea it's spending the night at the shop so they can take a look at it tomorrow. They were stumped today. I'm gonna call in tomorrow and ask about the fuel hoses.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Make sure you dont pay a dime. I would even ask for some type of a partial refund etc. If they refused then I would take it to corp. Bc if that had happen on the highway in the fast lane. That could have end very ugly! In with that said hope you get it worked out. Good luck

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: they said they didn't lift the tank, and after multiple short rides, they think the bike is functioning normally. I'm hesitant to ride the bike because I don't want to get stranded and go through this process again, so I told them to keep the bike for a couple days and have someone go on a longer ride and see if it happens. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'll bet they *did* raise the tank and pinched the vent line when they put it back down. The engine starves for fuel as the vacuum builds up in the tank. Might not happen on short ride around the block at low power but would show up at higher power on a longer ride. If it happens again, try opening the fuel filler cap and listen for air rushing in.

D

·
0 Posts
Update: they said they didn't lift the tank, and after multiple short rides, they think the bike is functioning normally. I'm hesitant to ride the bike because I don't want to get stranded and go through this process again, so I told them to keep the bike for a couple days and have someone go on a longer ride and see if it happens. Any thoughts?
What did you pay for with the 600 mile service, or what were they supposed to do to your bike?

D

·
0 Posts
Different shops do different things. If they did anything with your air filter, they lifted the tank.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They said they didn't lift the tank. I know they changed the oil and filter and tightened up some bolts and fasteners and adjusted the clutch

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any other ideas? They're trying to place the blame on me now and say it was rider error, even though there was fuel in the tank, the temp was around 220, and I kept it around 5k rpm most of the time. They also want me to pay for half the cost of the tow to the shop because according to them the bike is fine.

D

·
0 Posts
Ask for a list of everything they did to the bike in the 600 mile service. If all they did was tighten things, chain the oil and filter, and adjusted the clutch lever, then there really wasn't anything they could have done to cause the problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts