Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the OES frame sliders tonight. Is it normal for the slider to come out about an inch more on the right side vs the slider on the left side? i tried searching but limited results.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I installed the OES frame sliders tonight. Is it normal for the slider to come out about an inch more on the right side vs the slider on the left side? i tried searching but limited results.
got any pictures?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have the non ABS '09 and my right oes slider also sticks out further on the right.

Now that people have said it is normal, WHY is it like that? Are all sliders like that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are 2 different slider lengths, so make sure you have them on the correct side! I recall mine being even, but maybe I better take a closer look!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Shogun frame sliders. One is longer than the other, but once installed they stick out evenly. I just checked my bike last night. Maybe the ones you have are different.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Even my Woodcrafts have this effect. The plastics on either side aren't symmetrical. That could be only part of the story, but that's what I chalk it up to.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine are the exact same way. I don't know what brand I have because I got the dealer to throw them in when I worked out the purchase deal last year. I thought they botched the install so I took it apart myself, both sliders are the same length uninstalled. I'm assuming some companies made 1 longer than the other to compensate for symmetry and others overlooked it. I don't even notice mine anymore to be honest.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My R&G sliders are symetrical. When installing the left side slider, you use a longer M12 bolt along with a longer spacer than you do on the right side.

The only improvment I would have made to their design is to include a couple of rubber grommets to cover the holes you have to drill, to give a more finished look. Mine came out fine with the help of a dremmel tool but it was painstaking work to get a clean look. I still might put some on if I can find the right size. Guess I'll have to visit Home Depot or an electrical store.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the Shogun frame sliders. One is longer than the other, but once installed they stick out evenly. I just checked my bike last night. Maybe the ones you have are different.
+1 Shogun on '09/ABS = Symetrical looking once installed (one is longer though), but the longer one, once installed on the ABS side looks as short as the short one on the right side. They should look EVEN/EQUAL. There is no reason or advantage for one side to be longer than the other except look crappy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.