Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new chain and have decided on trying -1/+1 on my Honda CBR600RR-07.
I have seen that I need a speedo healer or speedoDRD and that some splicing is required which I am not a fan of as if I want to change back to standard I would be in a mess so I have contacted HealTech and have been told that they are making a plug and go connector soon, hopefully the next 3-4 weeks.
Can you please tell me what the difference on my speedo will be without the speedo healer if I wanted to wait and whether there will be a big difference in mileage when I do fit the speedo healer?

Is there any difference in standard sprocket sizes between UK spec 07 RR's and US spec 07 RR's?

Cheers, Paul

·
Registered
226 Posts
IIRC mate the UK bikes have a tooth less on there sprockets than the US models, also ur speedo will be off by about 10%I think thats right. Do a search using the word sprocket -1+2 and u will find what ur looking for.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a -1/+1 conversion in the UK is the same as a -1/+2 in the USA then?
I have searched for the -1/+2 already but need to know if my -1/+1 will be the same as -1/+2 first please.
Cheers, Paul

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
speedoDRD has a plug and play version, I jus ordered from motomummy

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So when I do -1/+1 I will only be doing -1 as you all have 42 on the rear already. How will -1 feel with a 42 rear sprocket, anyone know please?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I have a -1, +1 on my 07 and before the speedo was fixed i tok it out with my GPS and when the speedo was reading 100kmh the GPS was reading 88kmh... that is a -12% difference

Stock gearing on the 07+ is 16-42... I have 15-43

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys and V-Tec I am in the UK as the topic says so I unfortunately do not run 16/42 as standard but seemingly 16/41 instead.
Someone I just spoke to at a racing company said why not just go down a gear when riding on standard gearing for more acceleration and -1/+1 is not beneficial on 600's.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have a -1, +1 on my 07 and before the speedo was fixed i tok it out with my GPS and when the speedo was reading 100kmh the GPS was reading 88kmh... that is a -12% difference

Stock gearing on the 07+ is 16-42... I have 15-43
Notice a big difference with that setup? Does it come up under power in 2nd?

·
Registered
917 Posts
http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

I'm not sure if they have uk info on the site, but i bought the speedo healer on ebay for my bike. it's a plug and play, and was easy to install. took about an hour give or take. as for the 07 speedo, i'm not sure if they got a plug and play yet. Just thought i'd direct you to the site to see if it can help you out with anything.

·
Registered
917 Posts
look at the calibration part and you can input the size of your stock sprockets and put the changes in and it will tell you the percentage it will change.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Thanks guys and V-Tec I am in the UK as the topic says so I unfortunately do not run 16/42 as standard but seemingly 16/41 instead.
Someone I just spoke to at a racing company said why not just go down a gear when riding on standard gearing for more acceleration and -1/+1 is not beneficial on 600's.
Try 15/43. Your face will light up like a kid at Christmas.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I inputted -1+1 in the healtech website and changed the size of the tyre on the driven wheel to 180/55/17 on both readings and it came back with a calibration of -13.3% but I don't know what this means.
Can someone please explain this for me?

·
05/10 BOTM
583 Posts
Paul,
Personally I wouldn't bother on a road bike. Besides, your consumption will go up.
If you are going that route, just go -1 in the front OR +2/3 on the rear, not both. Any more the bike will be way too peaky. Don't think you'll enjoy it.

Your speedo will be off by a bit so might need a speedo healer to fix.

My bike is -2 on the front but it's strictly a track bike.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers Mook. Already bought the -1/+1 sprockets and just waiting for Heal-Tech to release the plug and go loom so no splicing wires needed.
I am more concerned at the moment with my swing arm and what my lowside at Cadwell did to the R&G paddock bobbin in the lug. Any advice on this would be great.

·
05/10 BOTM
583 Posts
I snapped my RG paddock bobbins and lugs in a mini off last year. Never bothered to get it back on. Only problem is I can't use paddock bobbins any longer and have use cups on my rear paddock stand.
I'm looking to get some carbon fibre swing arm protectors to cover up some of the sctaches.
You can get them from:
www.redracingparts.com
www.pro-fiber.com

·
Registered
917 Posts
I inputted -1+1 in the healtech website and changed the size of the tyre on the driven wheel to 180/55/17 on both readings and it came back with a calibration of -13.3% but I don't know what this means.
Can someone please explain this for me?

that is the percentage you have to put into the speedo healer. After you install it and turn the bike on, the -13.3% is percentage you put into the speedo healer so that it corrects the speedo. hope that helps ya.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Paul,
Personally I wouldn't bother on a road bike. Besides, your consumption will go up.
If you are going that route, just go -1 in the front OR +2/3 on the rear, not both. Any more the bike will be way too peaky. Don't think you'll enjoy it.

Your speedo will be off by a bit so might need a speedo healer to fix.

My bike is -2 on the front but it's strictly a track bike.

I have -1/+2 and I enjoy it alot. snappy and fun!!

that's my opinion on -1+2.:banger:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts