Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, iv read around, and gotten confused..

i want to get the front end up easier and more acceleration,

can i get a -1 front sproket and a +2 rear without doing a 520?

i dont wanna have to take links out and crap

i believe a 520 is just the thickness of chain? weight? ... i dont care about weight lol

I JUST WANT THE ACCELERATION PLEASE!!!

o if possible, someone wanna post a link to a place to buys! YAy

Please be gentle:flamethrower::angel:..

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
You can do it... but I suggest you get the whole package... and if you are getting the whole package you might as well go with 520 pitch

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i would probly buy a new chain, but i was reading abput people haveing to take links out, id like to avoid that, but if i must then i will..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just so u are aware 520 is not the weight or the thickness it is the pitch of the chain and of the sprockets.you cant use a 525 chain with 520 sprockets,and a few of these guys are right change the sprockets and chain as a package and yes u will have to cut the chain down but it is not hard to do,just spend the money and get yourself a cheap chain press to mushroom your new master link ends.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
As far as I know a 525 sprocket will have wider teath then a 520 and therefore the chain and sprockets between 520 and 525 are not interchangeable - either way

·
Registered
139 Posts
As far as I know a 525 sprocket will have wider teath then a 520 and therefore the chain and sprockets between 520 and 525 are not interchangeable - either way
I had to read "stretched" post again, because I thought he said you can use a 525 chain with a 520 sprocket. Missing the apostophe made me not see the "t".

You will likely NOT have to cut the chain down, going -1/+2. I went -1/+4 with the same chain. It just pulls the rear wheel closer in, that's all. Check to see where you are in the chain adjustment indicator. As long as you're not right up tight already, you should have enough adjustment.

Replacing the chain with the sprockets as a set is recommended, but really only necessary if you have signs of wear on them. If they are newish, you'll be fine. It's just that the set wear in together.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
replacing the chain with the sprockets as a set is recommended, but really only necessary if you have signs of wear on them. If they are newish, you'll be fine. It's just that the set wear in together.
:+1:.........

·
Registered
445 Posts
do 520 changes as a kit

i had the same question n decided to go with the kit

the front goes up a lot easier now

slip clutch wheelies

not power

power wheelies is jsut dangerous!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Wive's tale. I do it all the time. I'm constantly changing sprockets.
and i doubt your going for say ... 26k miles on your chain and sprocket setup like i have on my 06 .....

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
ok, iv read around, and gotten confused..

i want to get the front end up easier and more acceleration,

can i get a -1 front sproket and a +2 rear without doing a 520?

i dont wanna have to take links out and crap

i believe a 520 is just the thickness of chain? weight? ... i dont care about weight lol

I JUST WANT THE ACCELERATION PLEASE!!!

o if possible, someone wanna post a link to a place to buys! YAy

Please be gentle:flamethrower::angel:..
the lighter rotating mass ofgoing to 520 will also induce additional acceleration potential, along with the -1+2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts