Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-1/+2 or -1 Only Grearing

Ok iv been thinking for a while, i going to go to a 520 kit for the summer but... im not sure if i want to regear the bike to -1/+2 or just -1?

I dont want to loose to much off the top end (not the main reason) and i dont want to rev out in gears more often thus require to shift more (main reason). I saw some people said just go +1 on the front sproket to give yourself just enough to make a difference without going overboard.

What you guys think? How much will it throw off my speed, loose from top end and revout with -1/+2 vs -1

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Wait what? you mean you want to go -1 up front and +2 in the back (-1,+2). If you go +1 in front and -2 in back, you will Gain top end. Horrible accel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did the -1 in the front and I love it. It was reccomended that I go +2 in the back too, but I wanted to see how it felt first. So I did, and it's awesome. You really don't lose alot off the top end from just a -1 in the front. I'm not sure about the +2 in the rear but I'll try it out pretty soon.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
With stock gearing, you have a theoretical top speed of 162mph.
With 15/43(-1 front), top speed would be 152mph.
With 15/45(-1/+2), top speed would be 145mph.
You would end up shifting more often with shorter gearing, and gas milage will suffer. But the acceleration gains are worth it. (especially for track) I could be wrong, but I don't think you will find many tracks where you will top out above 145mph as a track day rider anyway.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I just went to a 520 conversion AFAM -1/+2, DID ERV3 Gold Chain and I love it. The change is dramatic from -1, which I was previously at. Bike accelarates like a mad man. Front comes up so much easier, if you are into that kind of thing.

If you are looking for acceleration, I would definitely recommend -1/+2.
I also got a speedo healer to correct the speedo. I just need to figure out how to set the darn thing.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i went -1 +3 and it feels pretty damn good. don't wanna be so crazy? just go +2 it'll still feel really good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1-1 any thoughts i liked the 42 tooth i put on my 06 low mileage titanium full exhaust carbon intake tubes dyno jet autotune getting a ecm flash as well went with 255lph fuel pump bm airfilter 520 chain with 16 42 current thinking of getting a 17 front 42 back would that effect my riding angle at all I like to go fast gotta keep up with my dad he has my old busa and um yeah I need a turbo I think lol foreal thinking about that to 10.60 125 1/4 currently busa goes 10.00 143 stock and stops at 186.6 mph gps the 600 did 162 with bad o2 sensor new one in the mail see if it gets better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts