Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys

I just got the pricing for this conversion today from the local stealership. $20 AUD for the front sprocket, $50 AUD for the rear and $230 AUD for a RK 520 gold chain.
Just a few questions I would like to get some feedback from the people who have done this conversion:
1) Does it put the speedo out, and if so by how much roughly. If yes is a speedo healer advisable?
2) Does fuel consumption rise much and by how much?
3) How much top end speed do you loose after the conversion?
4) Does it really make the bike feel more like it has more torque?

·
Registered
356 Posts
1. you reduce your final drive ratio by about 12% so your speedo will be out about that much... so if you're showing 112 you'll be going 100 (ignoring built-in speedo error).
2. Somewhat less than 12% depending on highway vs town. in town you'll usually ride at comfy revs so if you were comfy in say, 3rd at 5,000rpm you'll likely still crüz at 5,000rpm but you'll be in 4th so no real change in fuel consumption. On the highway when you're in top gear you'll be using, oh, i'd say, 12% more gas for a given ACTUAL speed, remembering that your speedo will be lying to you.
3. good question... maybe none... my last top speed run with stock gearing i got the same speed in 5th and 6th. didn't have the torque in 6th to defeat the wind resistance and use the extra revs... note that i had a butt load of luggage and couldn't tuck properly so maybe someone else could expand on this point... but if my experience is normal then you might not lose any top speed.
4. yup.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I have 15/45 (-1/+2). Mine is out about 16%. Fuel consumption will depend on how you ride. You might end up riding around in 3rd or 4th instead of 2nd or 3rd. Not sure how much top end you lose. I've gone flat out with my setup but i was too busy looking ahead to worry about the speed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
can anyone recommend a link to a online company that sells the parts to do a conversion. and some more info on chains would be nice. whats a decept price for a chain and a brand. im looking to do a conversion also.

·
Registered
799 Posts
After the conversition you will have a perma grin on your face. I dont ride the freeways that much, cause taking the back roads and twisties with the conversition is too much fun!!! rolling on the throttle midcorner for the exit will cause the front wheel to get light, it's such a RUSH!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts