Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been doing reading that says you should only push into a turn with your inside arm ie. dont pull with your outside arm.
ive been doing this since i started riding, but the other day, i used both arms and i could turn alot better. It seems like with one arm, i just have to fight the bike, and im a lot slower through corners. do you use one arm for cornering???
thanks

V

·
0 Posts
Just remember you dont only use your arms to steer the bike. A lot has to do with your lower body too.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, i should have said that i do get my ass off to the side of the seat, rotate around the tank, kiss the mirror, all that good stuff.

i probably look like a dumbass doing it, but hey, im learning

·
Registered
27 Posts
If ur speaking about Lee parker's technique (Total control), let me assure you that it works amazingly well. I tried it on the track and almost crashed because the bike turned soo quick...the same happened to lee when he tried the firs time :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats exactly what im talking about :)
How are you getting it to work? It works awesome at lower speeds, but when your coming into a corner really fast, under hard braking i just cant get it to work. whats the secret?

·
Registered
485 Posts
body steer + countersteer. use both, use one not the other, what ever works for you. not every one rides the same and uses the same technique

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yep, I use body steer and counter steer together. Try steering without your feet on the pegs. I was amazed the first time I did it. Makes you realize how much you really use your feet.

·
Registered
485 Posts
sure can, anyone can use it. GO BUSH!
anyway, steer with everything you've got. body, counter, push and pull... everything.

·
Registered
27 Posts
vr4_vet said:
Thats exactly what im talking about :)
How are you getting it to work? It works awesome at lower speeds, but when your coming into a corner really fast, under hard braking i just cant get it to work. whats the secret?
You may be right. I haven't had a chance to try it on long sweepers. The track where I used it is a SuperMotars track. A lot of really tight corners (most of the time on 1-2 gear). The season is almost over here in Canada. I will have to postpone my answer until next year :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess im a both arms guy.
Yeah, in 1 and 2nd, the one arm technique works awesome.....
but at like 90 its not as effective

·
Registered
510 Posts
Push only, pull only, push and pull, whatever makes you comfortable and you think you are effecient at, use it. Body steering, weighting the pegs, hanging off the bike using correct form and proper anchor points should all complement countersteering. You can't quick flick a bike to a certain limit, where you're pushing the front by hard braking and try to wrestle it with a quick flick, it's a recipe for push and low side caused by overloaded forks. I'm no expert, I'm just a young avid Code grasshopper :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts