Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted in the forum before about my brake light, horn, and turn signals not working. It's been about 15 months and I have decided it's time to get it fixed. I have been beyond broke and haven't wanted to take my bike apart so I have just hand signaled and been as careful as possible.

I just moved to a new area last month and I now live about 1 block from the Honda Dealer. They are very well known for kick ass prices and good service so I think I lucked out. I had brakes installed (my RJL's are awesome) a month ago and today the bolt that makes my brake function by attaching the brake lever to the cable fell out. It really sounded like it snapped so he said he'd check for a recall. Nothing. No big deal cuz it's only $10 but he said he noticed I have the Honda ext warranty and he'd cover it and call me when it's in. I told him about my lights/signals/horn situation and asked him if he could run that through my ext warranty. He said he should be able to take care of it under the warranty for me so I'm gonna take it in. I don't want to pay anything out of pocket. I don't have the cash. I reminded him that I have aftermarket flushmounts and integrated CA and he said he understood but should be able to run it under the warranty. If he does then Im stoked but I have asked 2 other dealers where I used to live and they said they wouldn't turn it in as warranty work because it's aftermarket lighting. You think he's just doing it for me because I've already dropped about $400 there in the last month and he's kinda becoming a friend?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts