Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 520 conversion from the local shop and thought I ordered a 44 rear but apparantly I got a 42. The front is a 15. Do you guys see any reason to exchange the 42 for a 44. Is there that much of a noticable difference? Currently I ride the bike on the street but will be switching it to the track this spring. I checked different threads and just want some ideas. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
your title says you went +1 in the front, but 15 tooth is -1. 42 in the rear is stock for the 07-08, and it's -1 for the 03-06. depending on which year your rr is, you will notice a difference concordant to what you started with. if you originally ordered a 44, then get the 44. for a B level rider, -1/+2 is usually the ticket at most tracks, but once you start running really fast times, you'll want to go a little taller cuz you'll be running out of gear sooner (carrying more speed). the only way to truly know if the gearing is right for you is to run your pace on the given track and see how it's working out for you and think about how changing it may or may not help...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts