Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that's how long i've had my baby until she was taken away from me.
******* thieves stole my bike today on campus. I went out to check on it, didn't see it where i parked it, and knew right away I was never going to see my baby again. I was just falling in love with her more and more everyday, learning how she moves and feel, and just like that she's gone.
Worse thing is I don't have full coverage. Just my luck.

Well It's a 2007 red/black with damage to right fairings if anyone happens to come up on it on craigslist or something. Don't know when i'll be back here again, but it wouldn't be anytime soon. It's been great, but waaayy too short.
**** My LIFE.

·
Registered
288 Posts
you didn't have comprehensive on it? you don't necessarily need to have full coverage to be reimbursed for theft.

sorry for your loss...

·
Registered
108 Posts
yea, check with your insurance company about your situation. they might be able to help you out even though you may not think your covered.

·
Registered
426 Posts
wow man, you definitely just convinced me to not ride to school, EVER.

It's a shame to bust your ass and buy yourself a nice ride and have some assface take it.
I wish to plant a bomb inside mine so when someone takes it I have the satisfaction of pushing a button and being able to sleep at night.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I wish to plant a bomb inside mine so when someone takes it I have the satisfaction of pushing a button and being able to sleep at night.

:+1::+1: that button should come standard on all bikes!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
that sucks man. on the off chance you ever see it again or get another. make sure to get a alarm and disc locks for sure!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully they end up finding it in one piece.

It seems like alot of the bike theft threads here are from San Diego too.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I go to UCSD, campus police patrolling around every hour or so, but of course no one saw sh*t. After my bike got stolen, they tell me there's at least one incident every week. Like WTF. There's one every week and you don't do anything about it? No cameras, not even a stinking warning sign?
I was at school for 13 hours, so it's a huge gap that they could've taken it.
Yeah, I've only got it for a little more than a month, didn't even get around to installing an alarm yet. Learn my lesson.
But thanks for the tip guys, i'll probably check with my insurance.
I have State farm. Anyone know about their theft policy?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just recently got State Farm on my cars. I spoke to my agent about insuring my bike through them as well.. If you have comprehensive you should be ok, if not I doubt they'll do anything for you. Comprehensive is what will cover theft.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I go to UCSD too, sorry to hear about this. What parking lot was it in?? I ride to school pretty frequently but I put a big onguard chain through the real wheel and swingarm, and use the open parking lots near lots of foot traffic. Not sure if this makes a difference to a thief but I ride an 05 so I think there is less incentive to jack mine.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was at the parking lot next to CLICS. It's near the dorms and during finals, so there's people walking in and out constantly. It didn't matter though, they probably just picked it up and threw it in a van or truck and drove away. They probably did it in a matter of seconds. I don't think wheel locks or chains would've help, they'll have plenty of time cutting em up back at their shop.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you can't afford insurance, you can't afford a bike.

Full coverage, 50/100/100 through State Farm <$280/year.
Yes. for YOU.

I'm a student, no wife, no kids, 25 age. So I get rape on insurance.
Full coverage is >$1300/year. Collision is $650/year.
State farm gave me the cheapest quote out of the other. So i opted for the one i can afford.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts