Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought my 600 and its in the shop for an oil leak.... Anyone else running into this. Also im getting bad gas mileage..

whats the deal.

·
Registered
344 Posts
6k rpm's is the recommendation by most dealers when you purchase the bike. Break-in periods are recommendations, i'm not sure if they're even in the manual.

he probably posted in the General Discussion forum b/c it gets more traffic than the trouble shooting forum.

where is the leak coming from though?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Sijray21 said:
6k rpm's is the recommendation by most dealers when you purchase the bike. Break-in periods are recommendations, i'm not sure if they're even in the manual.

he probably posted in the General Discussion forum b/c it gets more traffic than the trouble shooting forum.

where is the leak coming from though?
Ok. I'll say this and then lets get back to the subject. Quit listening to the dealers. They don't build the bikes. Honda does. There is a page in your Owners manual and it consists of about a paragraph. Basically it says not to do "Hard roll-ons" for the first 300 miles. That's it. Nothing about rpm range or stay below "X" rpm. Most salesman don't know $h!t! They just BS their way through the sale.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts