Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I killed my front tire. I got about 6,500 on my first rear tire and my new one is holding up well,

but the front was finished after my ride today, it got really slick on hte way home. But I geuss thats ok since it lasted for 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont know but I managed to do it, mainly just rode to and from work, rode hard on my days off,

when i left the house this morning, the grooves were getting shallow, after about 50 miles of some twisties, she was slick when I got home.

I should have changed it before now im sure, i geuss im lucky I didn't have a blowout or somthing....

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Meddie600RR said:
r6beater said:
how can anyone get 10k on a sportbike tire ? i was on my third set at 10k ?
Maybe he wheelies alot?
no stunnting here.......except that one time that i was hit by that deer. I did one hell of a stoppie or whatever the hell you call it. But i hit the focker anyhow..

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
I've got well over 70,000 miles on my tires....and they've got plenty to go.

But that's for my car though.

And they were expensive Michellin tires.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Mulligan said:
you got roads made of of playdough or somthign? I have a hard time getting tires on my "CAR" to last 10k.
Are you kidding?! The tires on my husband's truck lasted 134,000 miles and we only changed them then because he got a nail or something.

Our friend has over 10,000 on his zx6.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I know several people who have easily gone 8000+ on a front tire...rears usually wear out faster than the front, especially if your light with the front brake. My last bike wore the same front tire for a little over 9000 miles before needed to be replaced cuz i picked up a nail...had plenty of tread left and could have gone several more thousand...rears though were changed out probably every 5000 give or take a few hundred.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
r6beater said:
how can anyone get 10k on a sportbike tire ? i was on my third set at 10k ?
Tire Pressure...Tire Pressure...Tire Pressure. Get the picture? That and keep it under 90mph. :lol2: I found that once you cross the 90mph threshold your tire really start to get hot and wear out quickly.

I have 10,200 and counting. And don't say it all commuting miles or I don't actually "ride" it. I go on group rides through the twisties, "Track days", and I even went to Deal's Gap with the exact same set of tires. Of course the rear was new then. I might get 11K out of them.

PS. Dunlop 208's 36/42 ;-)

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
If you ran 36/42 at the track, your just.. silly ;-) And if you ran that on the track with more than 5000 miles on a set of street tires, your pushing it....

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
senedane said:
If you ran 36/42 at the track, your just.. silly ;-) And if you ran that on the track with more than 5000 miles on a set of street tires, your pushing it....
You might as well slap me and call me "silly" because I'm going to Jennings next month and I'll be running street tires at 36/42. :bitchslap: Those "track days" are in parentheses for a reason. That's all local subdivisions that were paved years ago, abandonded by the developer, and now sit in waste doing nothing. So we go put them to use. :cool: :lol2:

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
Why the high pressures on the track silly? Tire will heat better and have a larger contact patch down closer to 30s...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts