Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i got some $ i wanna blow...im thinking about blowing it on a the cbr in my signature. i am probably going with a scorpion helmet. some type of Honda Jacket..thinking black with white lettering. also some riding wear for my feet...do they have a shoe stlye built like a boot? lol i just dont wanna be walking around with some unnatural race boots. of course ill be getting more gear down the road but my mind cant stop thinking about these 2 wheeled machines..i keep having dreams about flying down the highway at 80 mph and just puttinng around FLEXIN nuts with a few revs every once in awhile.

any feed back (ON GEAR I SHOULD GET, rather than what bike....) is is much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
u should be able to get ur cbr for 9500 otd or less...then spend the $1000 on gears...

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
on helmets- get the one the fits ur head best...
on jacket- get leathers.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
When I get my next set of boots I am going A*, I don't like how my Sidis hang up on my rear sets.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
so i got some $ i wanna blow...im thinking about blowing it on a the cbr in my signature. i am probably going with a scorpion helmet. some type of Honda Jacket..thinking black with white lettering. also some riding wear for my feet...do they have a shoe stlye built like a boot? lol i just dont wanna be walking around with some unnatural race boots. of course ill be getting more gear down the road but my mind cant stop thinking about these 2 wheeled machines..i keep having dreams about flying down the highway at 80 mph and just puttinng around FLEXIN nuts with a few revs every once in awhile.

i have a newb question too.. whats the differenct between slip and the full...the full seems to me like its a...well full exhaust system...but this "slip on term...." does it mean just the muffler? or is it and actual slip on system??? ( lol i probaly just made u chuckle newbbbb)

any feed back is is much appreciated.
I heard the new Gixxer is cool, lots of cool riders get them

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
It's typical to be excited about getting one of these bikes. And yes it is as fun as it looks, possibly more in fact! The thing is though, from reading your post I have learned that you need to focus on the correct gear first and proper MSF training. Learning words like slip on, full, etc. can come later. There is more than enough time for that after you are sure this sport is for you and you prove you can handle a stock bike.

http://www.msf-usa.org/

·
Registered
579 Posts
I heard the new Gixxer is cool, lots of cool riders get them
Everyone knows you cant wear a helmet, let alone boots and a coat on a gixxer, sheesh.

If he gets a gixxer he must gel his hair, wear no eye protection and go in shorts and a tshirt. His gf should also wear a skirt that the bottom of her ass shows and flip flops. He must also master an 80mph wheelie on the highway with her on the back.

:director:

I know theres some great riders out there on suzuki's but for the most part...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's typical to be excited about getting one of these bikes. And yes it is as fun as it looks, possibly more in fact! The thing is though, from reading your post I have learned that you need to focus on the correct gear first and proper MSF training. Learning words like slip on, full, etc. can come later. There is more than enough time for that after you are sure this sport is for you and you prove you can handle a stock bike.

http://www.msf-usa.org/

hey thanks for the link. the first thing i plan on doing when i get the bike is go take some class's. (i plan on using the loner bike.) i still want to know about slip on exhaust. i don't plan on upgrading the bike right away. i just want to know, i kinda wanna absorb and know what this stuff is. also .....i can already tell i love bikes..have alwas loved bikes...ever sense i have been able to do a wheelie a city block or 2 going 40 mph off curbs and all. i know a 600 RR is ALOT...i mean WAYYYYYY different then a moutain bike.

so anyone want to fill me in on terms to know..starting with the slip on term?

·
Registered
939 Posts
see the grey bar along the top of this page,,,, second tab from the right; this is the search button, type in 'slip on'. Youl find using the search bar speeds up your learning curve..My only tip would be, dont think you will be as good a rider than you were the moment you last got off the bike. Use the bike little and often and always ease yourself in. Also read up on the science of tyres...good luck if you buy it..

·
Registered
308 Posts
yeah a slip on is usually just a mid pipe and a muffler, the full exhaust includes headers, some people would say you need to get a power commander if you go with either

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks duffyrr! i am guessing a power commander is a programmer/chip of some sort. dont worry...ill search it...

i am not a total n00b to the laws of nature and consequences of not knowing the physics behind something before u do it. i don't plan on racing people. (first off...i live in a small town, so racing would be like racing across the street and having 12 patrol cars close in......:tard: )

ill keep doing my research:icon_stud ...MSF class's as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
for boots I highly recommend Sidi Streetburner, best you can get for the street IMO. Love mine

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Problem with the Gixxers is that you have to wear flipflops, shirt, and sunglasses when u ride it or else you won't look cool. :icon_lol:
lol i dont wanna look like a squid. i am looking for that...newbi guy set up with bad as equipment cause all the 600rr members are bad ass and gave him knoledge on gear and what not..........:icon_lol:

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
What the hell, I'll rain on the parade. My friend, a supersport bike is a terrible idea for a beginner. Terrible. They are insanely fast. They brake and turn on a dime. Tiny throttle movements create ridiculous acceleration.

I'm a mind reader. You're thinking, "I'm mature. I'll take it easy. I'll respect the power." Well, that is exactly what all the guys who tossed their new CBRs down the freeway thought also. You're not special. You're just a guy with some spare cash.

You should: 1. Get training. I think the training in Oregon is not MSF. I think it is called Team Oregon. 2. Buy a helmet, jacket, and boots. (You don't want to walk around in boots?! What are you, a girl?) 3. Buy a small used bike, either a Ninja 250, Ninja 500, or an SV-650. 4. Ride it for a year and 5000 miles. 5. Buy a CBR.

I realize you're not going to follow this advice, but I feel like I'd be remiss if I didn't try to help. Good luck with your bike.

K

·
0 Posts
you wont need to "race" to crash bad enough to send you to ala. your lack of muscle memory, finesse, and general skill will do it for you.

Most of 600rr.net knows how i feel about new riders starting on Supersports, and there are a lot of statistics that back it up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What the hell, I'll rain on the parade. My friend, a supersport bike is a terrible idea for a beginner. Terrible. They are insanely fast. They brake and turn on a dime. Tiny throttle movements create ridiculous acceleration.

I'm a mind reader. You're thinking, "I'm mature. I'll take it easy. I'll respect the power." Well, that is exactly what all the guys who tossed their new CBRs down the freeway thought also. You're not special. You're just a guy with some spare cash.

You should: 1. Get training. I think the training in Oregon is not MSF. I think it is called Team Oregon. 2. Buy a helmet, jacket, and boots. (You don't want to walk around in boots?! What are you, a girl?) 3. Buy a small used bike, either a Ninja 250, Ninja 500, or an SV-650. 4. Ride it for a year and 5000 miles. 5. Buy a CBR.

I realize you're not going to follow this advice, but I feel like I'd be remiss if I didn't try to help. Good luck with your bike.

alright looks like we need to clear things up.

first off..im a male.

2nd.

i am used to speed. (also.... NOT A TOTAL N00B)(Ive just never owned a street bike)

3rd...i don't have the money to buy a **** ass bike, then upgrade a month down the road....i know a few people who started on a 600, they say its fine. i do agree, if you have NEVER touched or know ANYTHING about a motorcycle...you probably shouldn't get a 600. i am anti-squid, and for the last time.......IM GOING TO TAKE CLASS's....they have a MSF in Oregon. but Team Oregon is bigger and more known here. 600's are fast incredible bikes. (also...im more show then go...and yes...you right...im not changing my mind...Dad....Pfffff lol jk but seriously...im not a Hard Head who's going to be grabbing the throttle even just a lil bit to feel the speed. ill touch the freeway and thats about it...and that run isn't very long condidering how small our town is.)

But thanks for looking out! i do appreciate it...and don't at the same time.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
3rd...i don't have the money to buy a **** ass bike, then upgrade a month down the road....
I think you got that backwards.....to start on a 'beginner' bike will save you $1000's of dollars. The insurance savings alone during the first year will be >$1000. The fact that if you drop it on the driveway or crash it due to 'gravel' on the road will be another couple G's.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts