Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
nice vid, great road.
no offense but I'm glad your buddy let you lead for most the vid because his riding was making me nervous.

and hey, from what I could tell, you might want to increase your rear rebound by 1/4 turn

thanks for the vid

·
Registered
628 Posts
Nice vid your friend needs some help! You might want want to start your turn into the corner a little earlier it looks like you are coming in and making a last minute adjustment to the inside.

N

·
0 Posts
LaWNMoWER said:
nice vid man, but your homeboy needs major work dogg.
No kidding. Your friend's cockiness is one day gonna cost him big time. He ain't even good. Horrible lines and turning the bike by pushing down. And what's wrong with staying in the middle. No need to hug the inside line.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He scraped his foot and slowed down the rest of the way.
He is the counter-steering king, lmao.
He scares me alot too when he rides those weird lines.
I wanted to get a clip of him flicking the sh!t out of his R6, it's so unreal how fast he is going...maxed out on lean angle sitting straight up.
Too stiff/still on his bike. We're all still learning to get better.
He didn't wear his 2 piece because we were "teaching" 3 noobies on 3 06 R6's.
1 of them rear ended the other one today. No injuries, HAHA.
I feel bad for those new R6's.
Less than a month old, drop/slow crash about 9 times already.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gntbldr said:
nice vid, great road.
no offense but I'm glad your buddy let you lead for most the vid because his riding was making me nervous.

and hey, from what I could tell, you might want to increase your rear rebound by 1/4 turn

thanks for the vid
Yeah, scared the crap out of me, I started standing it up because I thought he was gonna run it wide into the wall.
My forks are getting serviced and HOPEFULLY by the weekend, I will have the bike back with the suspension setup
to something better than just a little stiffer in the front. Yay.
Still saving money for a Penske Triple. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nickbass said:
BiGxbOix510 said:
He didn't wear his 2 piece because we were "teaching" 3 noobies on 3 06 R6's.QUOTE]

I hope to god he wasnt teaching them!
.....Maybe that's why they've dropped and crashed their bikes so many times...
and rear-ended eachother...and still using the rear brake to stop....
They look up to him because he can power wheelie. HAHAHA.
I can only help correct what he tells them when I'm around.
He's been riding longer than me....But he did start on a gixxer...lol

·
Registered
628 Posts
BiGxbOix510 said:
nickbass said:
.....Maybe that's why they've dropped and crashed their bikes so many times...
and rear-ended eachother...and still using the rear brake to stop....
They look up to him because he can power wheelie. HAHAHA.
I can only help correct what he tells them when I'm around.
He's been riding longer than me....But he did start on a gixxer...lol
Oh damn. Very bad. Is he a good friend? Talk to the guys on the R6's you have been bringing out and let them know that he is not a safe rider and that if they follow his lead then they will end up paying for it big time later on. Offer them some advice on your own and tell them to take a MSF course. I would never listen to **** that guy had to say.

·
Registered
284 Posts
You know I never give crap or say anything about other people riding but God Damn man if I saw your friend at the canyon I would ride away from him as fast as I can before he takes me out. I would make sure I pass on a straight. I'm not the best rider but damn he scares the **** out of me, riding all over the place, going inside the curve on the inside no using the (outside, inside, outside), no body position I can go on and on, just please some1 help him give him some advise it sucks when a rider goes down and he looks like he will take some1 else along with him very dangerous.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TOMIMOTO said:
Please don't tell me you are riding just like that?
I sure hope not...
Next time out with the camcorder, I'll try and talk my friend with a 1000RR into swapping bikes. lol
I'm curious to see how I look like from behind while riding.

·
Registered
239 Posts
HAHAHAHA, can't stop laughing, that is the WORST riding i've EVER seen..., your friend needs to get some teaching himself.

1) His road lines are AWFUL
2) He's going to lowside if he takes those corners any quicker.. he has 0 form
3) Push steering like the way he does is ridiculous
4) He's definatly a squid

I'm sending this link to my forum where i'm from so EVERYONE can have a good laugh

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
that is one of the worst riding i have ever seen, that guy is begging for a high/lowside, definitely squid.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for sharing the vid man. It never gets old watching the tank mounted camera's. But, I would have to agree with everyone else about the other guy's riding. I mean you can only go so fast without hangin off the bike and conservin lean angle. Not to mention having good lines. I'm just now at the point where I'm trying to hang off the bike more to turn. Might just be me, but it doesn't feel natural at all yet:). oh well, practice practice practice

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't think he rode THAT bad....but I knew it was bad.
He was worse when I first met him. The first day I rode with him,
he almost went head on with a F150 or an Expedition cuz he blew the double yellows in a tight Chicane, the mirror JUST missed him.
If he had his suit on that day, he would've probably flew around those cars and not let me pass.
I hope he is still trying fix his riding style.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts