Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
i know my mileage has been sucking lately. The last tank I had I actually ran out. 121 miles. Thats roughly 24mpg. The last gallon or so was nothing but wheelies and screwing around, so i can't put all the blame on the petrol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know with my truck i had shitty milage too but with the bike it seems to idle ruff and run just a tad more pissed off than normanl, like on a nice cold morning

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
i know my mileage has been sucking lately. The last tank I had I actually ran out. 121 miles. Thats roughly 24mpg. The last gallon or so was nothing but wheelies and screwing around, so i can put all the blame on the petrol.
i get 130 ish miles with 3.5 gallons which is like 37mpg

if your getting 121 miles to a tank and your saying around 24mpg. that means your gas tank is 5 gallons.
121 miles with 5gallons??

did you get a new tank? :cursin:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
the tank has a 4.76 gal. capactity

so even at that 121miles/4.76gal=25.42mpg

Please note I also said roughly 24 as I did a quick calc in my head. Its much easier to just go by 5gal than bring decimals into it when your doing it off the top of your head.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
the tank has a 4.76 gal. capactity

so even at that 121miles/4.76gal=25.42mpg

Please note I also said roughly 24 as I did a quick calc in my head. Its much easier to just go by 5gal than bring decimals into it when your doing it off the top of your head.
you really ride down to zero gas before pumping? dont think its even possible
most i ever gone down to was like 4gallons before filling

if im riding some of the non stop mountain roads around my area. than do like 60miles around town, i can get 140-160miles to 3.5 gallons. i always fill up when it starts to blink and thats right at 3.5 gallons. getting me 40-50mpg

if im all city i get 130miles to 3.5 gallons

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
you really ride down to zero gas before pumping? dont think its even possible
most i ever gone down to was like 4gallons before filling

if im riding some of the non stop mountain roads around my area. than do like 60miles around town, i can get 140-160miles to 3.5 gallons. i always fill up when it starts to blink and thats right at 3.5 gallons. getting me 40-50mpg

if im all city i get 130miles to 3.5 gallons
I typically fill up when my light starts flashing which like you will take in the ball park of 3.5 gallons. It was the first time I actually ran out of gas. It was to rain for a solid week so I said F*ck it and passed a gas station going home. I unfortunatly do alot of 60mph+ riding commuting, so with my current mods and set up, I ussally get 30.x mpg. PCIII, BMC race, Stack Mod, -1+2, Jardine Slip on. Performance comes with a price and with this case its MPG. The biggest drop was with the 520 kit as the revs are higher. I'm sure if i got a custom tune it would help but thats on next years' budget.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts