Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved my June issue of cycle world. They have a shoot out for the new 04 liter bikes. 1000RR didn't perform well in most of their testing. I haven't read all of it completely, but just by the numbers.....looks like the RR is gonna have a hard time against the other brands on the track. I'm glad the 600RR is still outperforming all the other 600's including the new gsxr with the exception of the 1/4 test. :D :razz:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The 1000rr won the Cycle News shootout. The Euro mags are also rating it at or near the top in their shootouts.

·
Registered
392 Posts
markyblaze said:
Just recieved my June issue of cycle world. They have a shoot out for the new 04 liter bikes. 1000RR didn't perform well in most of their testing. I haven't read all of it completely, but just by the numbers.....looks like the RR is gonna have a hard time against the other brands on the track. I'm glad the 600RR is still outperforming all the other 600's including the new gsxr with the exception of the 1/4 test. :D :razz:
I haven't seen a litre bike test yet, but I saw a recent test of the 600s and the 600RR had the most dyno WHP but the new gixxer was kicking everyone's ass in just about everything. :cry: My buddy just got a new '04 gixxer 600 and it is light compared to my RR. The 600RR did a low 11 while the gixxer did a high 10, track times, the gixxer raped everyone, the max power, 600RR won, but power don't mean jack if it isn't utilized, and there was something else that I forget right now but I belive the gixxer won in that category. . . man that sucks.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Maybe Honda isn't paying magazine "pump me up" money this time around. It's thousandth's of seconds you're talking about here. Thousandths!!! whooop dee doo. Bring those test riders to the track and let them run a few laps with some guys I know and let's rate the riding skill of the people who write the ads. That'd be far more insightful.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Not to change the subject, but what stations carry some good races here in the states? I have directv and never catch a bike race.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't care what the stats are! I work at a honda dealer and the 1000rr in black came in yesterday, and that **** is so hot! :cool:

·
Registered
391 Posts
For 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all riders in the world these tests are meaningless as they are nowhere close to riding these bikes to their potential (this includes the vast majority of those doing the testing). All of today's bikes are so good (out of the box the are more powerful, better handling and more capable than the best superbikes of just 5 years ago) that it comes down to nothing more than personal preference. This applies to the liter bikes as well as the 6s. The 6RR and 1kRR are both such amazingly competent motorcycles as is right out of the box. If you're going to let motorag reviews dictate how you feel about your steed, you're f#@ked. Because every year they are going to tell you that your ride can no longer compete and that you need the latest and greatest offering to be able to ride worth a sh#t. I think by now we all know the bike has very little to do with it. If you don't realize that yet, go do a track day and watch the bikes that repeatedly lap your ass. I guarantee that more than one will be 10 years old. As for the Susucki being so dominant, how many races have the won with it this year. No FX, no SS. I'm failing to see the domination.

·
Registered
287 Posts
numbers in those shoot out articles dont mean a thing when it comes to competitive racing on the track, its all about the rider. Or does Rossi have to win another race to prove it? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
203 Posts
100% with the notion that all these bikes are closer in performance than most mortals can judge. I bet you could do an equally valid shootout of what color gixxer is faster than the other colored gixxers. Probably end up with similar results. You might even do last year's bike vs this year's. Maybe last year's will come out on top. For streetbikes I'd think the overall most important factor is how does it feel to you. They are all similar but some have slightly different riding positions, weight distribution, throttle and brake response, blah , blah, blah. Since people's notoion of correct feel are subjective the BEST bike is the one you feel most confident on. Aside from that the next most important factor would be color/style. Yep we're all suckers for what we deem the best looking bitch.
Comparing professional or even club racing to the quality of your streetbike also means squat. Pick a class or racing body and you will find factors that favor one manufacturer over another. AMA Suzook rules. Ok. What about contingency money or manufacturer priority. Honda obviously favors WSB and WSS to AMA. WSB/WSS? Ducati and Honda have ruled but now priorities have shifted for certain companies to Moto GP. Moto GP? Come on this is R&D racing. It's who has the most money to afford the engineers and top riders.
Like what you like and cheer for whatever team appeals to you. Just don't get cocky or intimidated on the street because the 05 yamahoncatisuzukasaki 1200 in purple just passed you on the freeway.
Ride, smile, be safe.

·
Registered
301 Posts
get what feels right and is more comfortable to ride. I can beat guys with r1's on my 600rr. Now why is this! Not because because mine's more powerful.. cause it isn't! But I am way more comfy pushing the bike without fear of it biting me in the rear! The guy with the r1 can't keep the wheel on the ground so in a race, I beat his A$$ into the ground! If feels pretty good. But then he says well, "I wasn't flooring it!" So tell me, what good does all that power come in handy if you don't have the skill to put it to the pavement? wheelies in town, I guess. :bitchslap:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
If you read that article all the way, they will tell you that the bike they had for testing was down on power compared to other 1000RR's theyve had. They aren't sure of the reasons. Differnt break ins????????????? It could be Motorcyclist that I read too, so don't freak if ya can't find that in the article.

·
Registered
812 Posts
If you buy one of these bikes because one mag had it .05 sec faster in 1/4 mile then ur a total poser.

I've seen bigger/faster bikes go into someone's front lawn trying to keep up with me and I wasn't even trying. I rode back. The owner had the guy on his knees putting sod back in place.

My point is I agree with these other guys. Don't go by stats in a mag. Read the articals (all the way through) for information as input to your decision, but decide yourself.

PS: Euro mags seem more factual and fair.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Rode with a guy the other day that has one...very nice bike. He had nothing but good things to say about it. He couldn't wait to get it out to the track to really ring it out. I will pass the word when he gets back to me about his track experience.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The mags (particularly the US mags) always show the new flavor of the year in a positive light (i.e. this year's gsxr 600). Last year, when the 600rr was the new model, it was getting all the attention and kicking ass. All the mags show different results and it seems to be a waste of time even looking at these type of shott outs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
well, I can speak from experience as I have both the 600rr and the 1000rr. Yesterday was the first time I got to ride my 600rr in 2 months due to it sitting in the shop AGAIN!! anyways, when I got on it after riding the 1000rr for a month the 600rr felt like a scooter to me. Don't get me wrong I love the 600rr and as far as looks goes I still like the looks of the 600rr better. After riding the 1000rr though you fall in love with the low end torque that just makes it a better bike for the street, atleast more enjoyable and easier to ride. I think the guys you see riding around on the 1000rr this year bought the bike because they are looking for a well rounded bike that can put the power to the pavement, not a bunch of dyno junkies looking for the biggest number like the ZX10. I like both my bikes but If i could only keep one it's the 1000rr hands down. Imagine riding the 600rr with 50 more hp and twice the torque and that is the 1000rr.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Sub said:
well, I can speak from experience as I have both the 600rr and the 1000rr. Yesterday was the first time I got to ride my 600rr in 2 months due to it sitting in the shop AGAIN!! anyways, when I got on it after riding the 1000rr for a month the 600rr felt like a scooter to me. Don't get me wrong I love the 600rr and as far as looks goes I still like the looks of the 600rr better. After riding the 1000rr though you fall in love with the low end torque that just makes it a better bike for the street, atleast more enjoyable and easier to ride. I think the guys you see riding around on the 1000rr this year bought the bike because they are looking for a well rounded bike that can put the power to the pavement, not a bunch of dyno junkies looking for the biggest number like the ZX10. I like both my bikes but If i could only keep one it's the 1000rr hands down. Imagine riding the 600rr with 50 more hp and twice the torque and that is the 1000rr.
Just got my 1000RR and after 1 year and 7000miles on my 600RR I can say I agree with everything Sub said. I wish I could have kept my 600RR though, I just didn`t have room for it and the 1000.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts