·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Man that is nice. Good work you gottta put pics up when you finish completly

·
Registered
777 Posts
JQrr said:
Is it just me, or does that r1 caliper looks like it doesn't fit the rotor? It looks like it's only grabbing the tip of the rotor...
+1 on that. You might want to check your fitment on that. As of right now you arent using the whole rotor or pad. Check D2 cycles they have a set of calipers for an 05 600RR which are identical to the 1000RR. They are like $50

·
Registered
924 Posts
Looks great, good job.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
that is ome sick chit screw a 600 front i want a 1000 front

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
very nice, i like that front fender and everything.

is that your voltage regulator sticking out next to the left fairing?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
it turns a little quicker (kinda like moving the legs higher on the triple as on a regular 600...). yeah the wheel is closer bc the forks are shorter. and the thing sticking out of the left fairing is the rectifier/regulator bc in its position is some hid balast and other stuff... the rectifier/regulator being out in the open is actually better so air cools it... but not so good when your knee hits it! oh and i used the r1 calipers bc i got them for free and using gsxr750/1000 calipers or r1 calipers will allow you to use 320mm rotors without spacers... (i know i know i still need to buy some... thats why the rotors/calipers looks off). NOTE: i would have used gsxr750/1000 calipers bc they are 4 pads... glad you all like it. let me know if any of you are doing this swap, i am more than happy to help out.

victor

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
damn homes thats tight.
why did you swap 1000 fron on it in the 1st place tho, whats the deal with this mod, pros/cons?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
snikwad,

i pretty much did it bc i got the 1000rr forks at a smokin deal...(dropped repsol, 5mph lowside, perfect forks, 100 dollars...). if i hadnt done the conversion, it would be the exact same, minus the forks. i just got done riding, still not that fast bc im still scrubbing in the tires, but i have to say it turns great. the brakes are awesome also, if ppl want better brakes get some kevlar or ss lines and a brembo mc! im finally a believer!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.