Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
why? Is the 600rr not fast enough for you? In my opinion the 600rr is plenty of bike, if you feel like you need more. The n I would suggest doing a track day to see what the RR is suppose to be enjoyed. The 1000rr is a good bike but it takes all the fun away. No more fast turns.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
$$$$

Make sure you get an insurance quote. That was enough to change my friends mind. Not sure what rates are where you are at but the difference in a 1000 and a 600 are pretty large.
1000rr is a great bike but it's like being 10ft tall in a 6ft room. I would go with the 600 again. Either way enjoy the new bike.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Honda has some really nice incentives going on right now for the 1000RR's - just got the email yesterday. So I'd say go for it if you can get one off the floor cheap enough.

Otherwise I'd wait, all the Japanese bikes are coming due for redesigns and I expect great things since competition with Europe has been heating up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I say go for it would be a nice change from what your used to. Just remember to respect all that extra hp you will have. :cruising:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Save the money and do some mods w/ your current 600.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have an 07 600rr and an 09 1000rr,and I prefer the 1000rr over the 600rr anyday,but thats just me.I plan on selling the 600rr soon since I dont ride it anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have just sold my R1 and bought 600rr .. 1000ccm is so much powerfull bike but i think that 600rr is fast more then enough and so much easier to ride... with much more pleasure ... that is just me and my opinion ... but i think everyone should try bike and bike what he think is better for him ... for now i'll sty with my 600rr :banger:

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've had an 04 600rr and currently have an 07 1krr. I'd take the 1k any day for the street, 600 for track.

If you ride mostly street I'd say go with the 1k. It's nice to cruise on the highway and not have your RPM's through the roof. Also if you ride 2 up it's eleventy billion times better on a 1k.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I like the 1k too! I would go for the 1k. There is less you gotta do if you want more torque or even power for that matter. Love my 600 though. She's so pretty and nimble. :cruising:

Went on a run to Payson the other day with a buddy of mine. Took a bit more effort to stay with him. Noticeably more effort, when compared to the 900. He rides a K1200.

Though in all honesty, I am still adjusting to the rev range of the 600. At 8300 rpm, the 900 comes alive. I can't help looking for another gear on the 600.

If I had the 1k, I might gear it a bit taller. I don't know though.. maybe next year? :cruising:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I currently have an 08 1krr. Always had 600s. Wanted to try the liter bike. Its a great bikefor sure. Hell fast but i think the 600s are more fun and just plain faster in the twisty bits. Agree that for highway stints the liter is better bc of the lower rpms. Its all where/how you ride and all rider preference. I'd say @ least try the 1k. If its not for you then return to the 6.

·
Registered
263 Posts
What ever you decide I would Def wait a few more months to see what is coming out for next year. If it is similar then you get a 2010 for less or you get a better bike. GL either way.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Gotta LOVE these threads...

It depends on WHY you want a 1000RR? What's your riding style, what do you typically do? Street, track, both?

And to those talking about "the 600 is fast enough" I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. It has NOTHING to do with speed!!!

Those statements normally come from someone who has one or the other.

Get with those of us who own both or even a coupe of each.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts