Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I were discussing on which bike is better on track.
And we didn't come to a conclusion. I need your help guys, please leave some feedback on which bike you think will do better on track.

IMO I think 1000RR is be best, but my friend thinks otherwise.

please discuss on why you think 1000RR/R1 is better, in what way?

H

·
0 Posts
it depends on the rider... the bikes are built to close that it would really come down to the rider...

i have seen a 600rr take an r1... actually that vid was posted up here at one point....

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Hondas are just better!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get the honda!!!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
farbio615 said:
^^^That doesn't help much, be more spacific please.
Because Yamaha fans can say they same, like my friend says,
"Yamaha is the best!"

·
Registered
267 Posts
kenezzite said:
farbio615 said:
^^^That doesn't help much, be more spacific please.
Because Yamaha fans can say they same, like my friend says,
"Yamaha is the best!"
Well...that should answer your question........ its all a matter of OPINION.....

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ That doesn't even come close to answering my question, that puts me right where I started.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The Yamaha is 16 lbs. lighter, quicker off the line, has more 10 extra ponies, with the lower seating position it maybe safe to assume that the center of gravity is lower making the more stable, this is to be said about BONE STOCK BIKES only with no adjustments, no nothing, straight out of the crate.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Uhm.. realistically, it comes down to the rider, because all the current superport literbikes have such similar specs that finding differences is just splitting hairs. Spec comparison was done at http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/BikeSpecs.aspx .

Note that max hp is only a +2 diff to the R1, based on dyno results. Torque goes to the 1000RR, at a +5 diff. Weight-wise, the R1 is 15 lbs lighter.

as for the rest ... opinion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
its up to the rider.but the disadvantage of the r1 is u cant keep the front wheel on the ground in first gear so 1000RR is better in this reason.I had a race with R1 with my 600 and he couldnt beat me until the end of 2nd gear.and at the end of the race the difference was nearly 2 bikes length.I think 1000RR can beat it.But rider is very important.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Get the honda its just better. opps I already said that

·
Registered
3,150 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
:spit:

SOMEONE didn't read the thread

:lol2:

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
It's not what bike could beat what bike, each of them are perfectly capable of beating eachother with different riders on them. That's really all what it comes down to, is what type of rider is riding each motorcycle. I've seen 600's beat 1000's, 1000's beat 600's, 600's beat 600's. It doesn't really matter which bike is "better" off the floor, if you're tracking a bike, you're gunna tear it down and re-build it anyway.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I guess it all depends on what you want and how your will ride it...ive considered getting a 1000rr just because i often get tired of the lack of torque on the 600...not everyone likes to rev their bikes to 13K+ RPMs to get it to go fast, or have to cruise down the highway at 8K RPM. I think if i were to get a liter bike, it would probably be the R1...i like the styling of them more than the 1000rr. You should be asking this question on the 1000rr.net site...anytime someone asks something about a liter bike on this site, someone ALWAYS says "you dont need a liter bike, get a 600" :roll:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts