Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the black 1000rr at the local shop today. Man, that bike is sweet! I have to say that I didn't really like it in the other colors, but the black eliminates that lower faring that comes half way up the bike. It's really sharp. I want one now! It's tail is way better lookin than ours too. I love the aluminum mesh! Maybe next year I'll have mine paid down enough.

V

·
0 Posts
I hate the tail on it!! It looks so out of proportion from the side. The body is huge and then you have this tiny little tail that looks unfinished. The black does look a lot better than the red though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 1000RR is definitely a nice bike. I was surprised that the seat felt more comfortable and it was slightly lower than the 600RR.

·
Registered
127 Posts
the gas guage bothered me at first on my 1KRR but now I'm use to it and just set the trip after fill up and don't even think about it. The 1KRR is so easy to ride, no harder than the 600rr and I've actually pushed my 1KRR harder than the 600rr (that could be because the 600rr has been in the shop for 3 months straight with electrical issues :( ) anyways, if you have spent time on a 600rr the !KRR is no problem and it is really nice to have that low end torque. I sometimes think which one I like better and i can't decide because they are just different, not better or worse. If I could only choose one though it would be the 1KRR so i guess that answers it.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
yeah, the 1000RR always struck me as kinda odd... something just didn't feel right about the lines... i wonder why they didn't make it look/feel more like the RC211V since it parallels it more than the 600RR... i know the tail looks more like the RC211V, but the front cowling just isn't quite right...

ah, the things I think about when I should be thinking about something else... LOL...

·
Registered
165 Posts
I rode with a friend who has the black 1000RR, and I have to admit, it is better than the other colors because of the lower fairing. I do think there is something odd about the tail though, too wide and flat, looks like a frying pan from certain angles, you'll see what I mean when you ride with one!

One more thing, he has a Jardine RT-One, just like mine but it sits WAY crooked, cocked from right to left. He doesn't want to pull the fender assembly because of it.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
one thing i heard about the 1000RR is that there is an exhaust heat problem with the stock pipe... it will cause the passenger and back of the rider's seat to heat up quite a bit... i haven't experience this personally, since i do not own and 1000RR, but i heard this from a riding buddy that test rode one...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Alot of guys, including myself are painting the lowers red on the red/black model and it looks nice. There is the same, or less heat coming off the 1000rr as there is with the 600rr. The rear fairing is a bit sider, I had to go into the garage and compare the two because I never noticed it as a bad thing. They are both sweet looking bikes, honda just screwed up on the lower fairing on the 1000rr but it looks great once painted. My wife spent a couple hours on the back seat with no heat problems. I do agree with you guys though, the 600rr is a better looking bike overall. If you get the chance you have to ride the 1000rr though for those of you that haven't ridden a liter bike. The 600rr feels like a little toy to me now, having the 1000rr has made the 600rr more fun and easier to ride and will become my track only bike soon i hope.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts