Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, that's about it. I went to the local race track which is very small....best times are held by 125cc GP bikes. But you can still get over 80 miles an hour on it...Anyway it was a practice day. And the 1000s and the 600s were riding together. The 1000s went coasting by sounding like cars...and the 600s sounded like...well...awesome. Yeah...I know a 1000 would sound great once you got the RPMs up...but even in first gear you need to be doing 60 miles an hour...and you've still got another 30miles/hr to go before redline.

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
none the less....on the streets a 1000 would never hit high rpms....and therefore just sound like a car all the time...

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Mordeth said:
none the less....on the streets a 1000 would never hit high rpms....and therefore just sound like a car all the time...

Depends how you shift it...

...and I couldn't disagree with you more by the way...terrible observation. How many cars do you know that shift at 6-7k rpm? Most cars I drive shifting normally around town I shift around 3.5 to 4k rpm... My liter bike sounded NOTHING like a car...EVER

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Meddiepie954rr said:
Uhh, in first gear you could reach 60 miles an hour....and your RPMs still wouldn't be near red line.....what do you do? Shift into .5 gear to get the rpms up?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Meddiepie954rr said:
Mordeth said:

...and I couldn't disagree with you more by the way...terrible observation. How many cars do you know that shift at 6-7k rpm? Most cars I drive shifting normally around town I shift around 3.5 to 4k rpm... My liter bike sounded NOTHING like a car...EVER
+1

I rev out anybike that I ride, and you don't have to be at redline to be at high RPMs. 60mph in first gear is around 10-11k, which is comprabable to about 14K on the 600RR. 80mph is not a racetrack, it's a parking lot, and a small one at that. The streets out here are nothing like bopping around the city of taiwan. Out of curiosity, how long have you been riding sportbikes to make such a point and argue it so stongly? And is the 600RR the only bike you've ever ridden?

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Mordeth said:
Meddiepie954rr said:
Uhh, in first gear you could reach 60 miles an hour....and your RPMs still wouldn't be near red line.....what do you do? Shift into .5 gear to get the rpms up?
I usually shift around 7 or 8k on the street, and cruize around 6 k. When I had my liter bike, no I didn't ride around in first gear...in town I rode around 3rd gear (much more comfortable ride then 1st), and on my 600 I rode around in around 4th gear. No use in riding your bike all over the place in first...too twitchy

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hessogood said:
I rev out anybike that I ride, and you don't have to be at redline to be at high RPMs. 60mph in first gear is around 10-11k, which is comprabable to about 14K on the 600RR. 80mph is not a racetrack, it's a parking lot, and a small one at that. The streets out here are nothing like bopping around the city of taiwan. Out of curiosity, how long have you been riding sportbikes to make such a point and argue it so stongly? And is the 600RR the only bike you've ever ridden?
I've been riding for ten years. The 600rr is roughly the 7th bike I've owned. Yes, yes....it's a very small track. The point is those bikes doing roughly 80 on the track...sounded like...well nothing....but the 600s on the same track sounded gorgeous....But I'm not talking about on the track.....I'm talking about everywhere else....I have ridden with hundreds of 1000s....and compared to the 600s you barely even hear them....that's the point I'm making. The 600s have a nicer, smoother...cooler sound than the 1000s...by far.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well, the 600s can sound more "high pitched" on a smaller track...and the 1000s can have a lower sound, especially with the original exhaust....but my Z1000 rips like a mofo with the Akrapovic full system installed!...it's just hard to compare litre bikes and 600s......the more I ride the Z1000, the more I see that a litre bike and 600 have nothing in common.....exept body style in the case of the 600RR and 1000RR!..cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts