Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
I got my Repsol for $10 more than that in July and it is a 2013. I think you are getting a decent deal.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Wow! That would be a great deal if I was looking for a 1000rr....
well your asking if its a good deal. I'm just stating that my bike was about the same price and a couple years down the road i'm sure my 1000rr will hold it value alot better considering its a liter bike.

go spend your money how you wish. sounds like you've already decided to sign the dotted line but the 600rr is NOT the 600 i'd be purchasing right now myself..

·
Registered
110 Posts
You are getting raped by the finance guy! I got my 2013 in April last year for 10,800 after all fees 0 down 1.9%

But Rinzler has a good point, a lot of amazing bikes coming out next year

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So 11160 is the amount ur financing or is that after down payment?
Total is $11160 I put a small amount down so I am actually financing $10,480, not too bad. I actually did a ton a research and that's the lowest I could find in Texas. Rinzler: I was not in the market for a liter bike, too big and heavy for me 5'6" 130. I used to have a 600rr, that's why I bought another. If there is another bike I want next year then I will sell this one and get it, no biggie. When you work hard you can do those kinda things (not to say you don't, lol).

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
I have loved my 600RR's, all three of them but...They are tired. Nothing new, nothing game changing...Honda is getting left behind. Rinzler is correct.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
any new 600cc bike is better than the honda. its unfortunate because i love honda but the R6 is 7 years old and its still a better bike. the gsxr 750 is the 600 i'd buy again lol. I had a 2011 GSXR750 and I loved it. It was the perfect mix in a bike. it got hit twice and the dealer offered me alot to trade towards the bike i wanted which was my 1000rr so i said goodbye. But if my 1000rr was stolen or wrecked i'd go buy me a brand new GSXR750 again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
When you work hard you can do those kinda things (not to say you don't, lol).
If that truly were the case then you'd not have to finance the vast majority of the purchase price, lol.....

There is zero difference between the 13-14 and very little difference between the 07 to 14. So while that may not be a horrible price on a 14(if you've researched everywhere, the WTF you asking us for?) it makes little to no sense to buy a current model when there are a ton of leftovers available for a much better price. I bought a brand new '11 in the spring of '13 and was under $10k otd for reference.

Personally it seems about $500-$1,000 too high from what I've seen around here and the 15's are right around the corner so I can see the price dropping even more shortly. But it's your money.

Mike

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If that truly were the case then you'd not have to finance the vast majority of the purchase price, lol.....

Personally it seems about $500-$1,000 too high from what I've seen around here and the 15's are right around the corner so I can see the price dropping even more shortly. But it's your money.

Mike

All in a day's work...and if you had a career instead of a "job" you might understand that, also with kids in college it makes more sense to make small monthly payments instead of dropping a load of cash on a hobby.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you insist on a new CBR, find a 2013. Mine was $9600 out the door. The only difference between the 13 and 14 is a digit on the title, literally the same bike.

Actually one dealer wanted more for a 2013 and said the 2014 MRSP was lower??

1 - 20 of 45 Posts