Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys so I'm in quite a sticky situation and looking for some help.
I lost my only key and I have no idea what to do now. I bought one of those cheap eBay ignition switch kits, but everyone recommended to not use it. I was going to switch out the ignition switch myself, however, I read online that with the steering locked I won't be able to remove the triple tree. So now I have no idea what to do. Please help I'm also looking for the service manual for a 2011 cbr600rr. Can anyone recommend how I would be able to remove the ignition switch with the triple tree on? Or what else can I do? I've tried contacting locksmiths but none of them are willing to take on the job.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Do like a thief and just drill straight through the top of your existing ignition. This will destroy the steering lock along with everything else.

You will still have to remove most of the front of bike plastic/headlights/mirror stay to install the new one. It's held in with non tamper screws that can be a b*tch to remove. I've done a few and don't recall what Honda uses on these. I think they are among the easier ones to get out.

This isn't that difficult but it is time consuming.

It is absolutely possible for a locksmith to make a key but, if like me, you're in a smaller town none will want to do it. In larger cities mobile locksmiths will come to you and make you a key (and charge you accordingly).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts