Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends (2 R6's, 1 Harley Road King, and my RR) went from San Diego,Ca. to the Grand canyon and back this weekend. (wow my a$$ is sore). We road a lot of Route 66, stoped off In Laughlin, NV then went down the road to Kingman, AZ to stay the first night. Second day we went to the Grand Canyon Cavers (45min tour underground). Way cool, 210 feet underground a cavern about 3/4 of a mile long. Then we went to the Grand Canyon and stayed for 10min because it started to rain Pretty hard so we outran the rain and stayed the night in Prescott, AZ. Third day was basicly a straight shot home. Let me tell you that on a stock 600RR at 14,500 in sixth gear you will be at 162mph. I didn't stay there but for a second but that was the fastest I've ever been (had only been up to 145 before that). I'll post some pics latter, I'm going to bed :D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Wow........my ass was killing me after a 250 mile trip last weekend. At least it gave me an excuse to order the Corbin from Nick....lol

·
Registered
517 Posts
That's a long trip, my a$$ usually starts to get sore after only a 100 miles or so. No way I could have made it that far without having to stop and stretch.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
..and the mase song comes on.. breath, stretch, shake, let it go......
haaha dude i have like 1,300miles on my bike.. over like 3 month.. talk about 3 days.. good job!

·
Registered
57 Posts
thats awesome! ive had my 03 rr for 2 mos. and i went 1750 kms in 3 days in between calgary, kelowna and vancouver starting the 2nd day i had it lol... my ass wasnt too bad, tiny bit sore in shoulders, if i had to complain, but next day i was completely fine, before that i did 700kms a day on my first bike a kawi zzr250.............. and i did 230km/h b4 backin off cause that was the fastest i had gone... i think thats about 142 mph???

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ya who says long trips can't be made on sportbikes. I did just over 800 miles in one day this summer on my R1. I rode out to the AMA races at PPIR and back home. If you do long rides on a frequent basis you do get somewhat adjusted to them. I'm not saying your neck and butt won't hurt at all, but they'll bother you less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts