Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a reason we dont have A 2013+ cbr600rr specific technical forum, are the bikes too similar to the previous generations?

I've been searching around, also a way to ask a moderator but didn't find any means. Thanks >:)

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Ya basically the same bike.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
lol really.. i have one. I've seen few around here and im sure if a lot more people could easily upgrade, they would. Who doesn't like a new bike. Damn so we stayed on the pre-13 era lol. Guess i'll have to make due.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Nothing has changed. A 2016 piston will work perfect in a 2007 engine. As will the cams. And everything else. The only things to change are additions, ABS, different forks etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In short there's no section specific as "none" of the mechanical aspects of the bike have changed. Still i think a 13+ specific for modifications would be beneficial to some, just not enough i guess. The bike is different, looks different, parts dont fit the same.

To be a bit more specific, integrated tail light from TST isn't the same, similar but not the same. Undertail fairing or cover seems to be different as the TST industries CF cover for pre '13 models doesnt fit the newer ones. I guess as mentioned before, not enough changes to warrant a specific section.

Also seems some of the wiring for these lights is different. Oh well, nothing important just wondering why there wasn't a section.

Thanks to anyone that replied.

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
It seems like enough people have asked for it but the mods just won't do anything about it. Welcome to the site. There are enough differences that having its own section would be beneficial. Body work, wheels, electrical. People just hate this model...I personally hate the previous models with a passion. The mods hate them though and honestly it just seems like they are trying to prove a point at this point, especially with how many people have asked for it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
No smartass, because only a few people post here.

Lol. It's slow for sure. Not sure it would help but maybe having an up to date breakdown of model years would cause more casual passerby's to think this is an active site? This topic has come up like 4 times in the past year or so, seems like there is a little demand for it at least.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Wow this has taken a dive, sure got some rude people in here. How about those not interested in the 13+ model stay outta here, keep it clean. If mods don't want to or haven't felt the need to add the sub forum then so be it. Why must every darn thread turn into an unpleasant discussion.

As mentioned above, there are plenty of differences to warrant a different section. Now if your subjective perspective is that your specific model is best, good for you there stick to your neck of the woods.

Also the reason why there's only "two people" interested is because everyone passing by thinks with good reason that this is a biased forum. Most people pass by, don't see what they need or want then go away, not many take the time or interested to join the community.

When they do, this is the crap they get. grow up.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Not that this helps the topic forward, but yeah, I actually like the look of the 13+...

And on topic, at least it would provide a spot for ppl's build threads.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agree. I just did a little install on my '15 and would love to share. Nothing major but i'm sure it could be useful to some. I know if could share this anywhere but it'll drown in the sea of pre '13.

The OEM tail light on '13+ have a wire for each light, the brake/driving light has one, the left and right rear blinker have one each and the tag light has its own. This, while not a huge deal is different if i recall correctly from previous models where license plate light was the same wire as the driving/stop light wire. :nerd:

·
Registered
966 Posts
sure got some rude people in here.
A: stating facts does not mean people are rude and B: if thats enough to hurt your feeings the internets not a good place for you. You came on a public forum and asked for opinions. Agreeing with you or not they are all still valid opinions.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A: stating facts does not mean people are rude and B: if thats enough to hurt your feeings the internets not a good place for you. You came on a public forum and asked for opinions. Agreeing with you or not they are all still valid opinions.
Thanks, i take it you're the internet guru. Also read a bit more carefully, i never asked for your or anyone's opinion. I asked for a reason, which is far from being anything like an opinion.

Internet is a place for anyone and if anything i'd say asses like you are the ones that don't belong in any type of community where you think being a smart ass is ok.

Thanks for contributing nothing.

Once more, read.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts