Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I've almost completed the install of my exhaust...my question is this...for the life of me I cannot get the bracket around the exhaust on...if I start the long bolt through, the left hand side won't bend enough to fit up over the exposed threads...Even if I could get the bracket up over the bolt...there is zero room to get the nut up in there, let alone a socket....The instructions simple say thread it and move on...Is there a way to loosen or move all the factory plastic? I didn't just want to start yarding away on things as the bike is brand new! Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
still can't get the left side of the bracket over the end of the bolt....The bolt is as tight as it will go. I can get the edge of the bracket right to the threads...but not enough to hold it or even think about starting the nut...someone wanna chime in here? What am I doing wrong?

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope, only came with one...I'm just going to run down to the hardware store and pick up a longer bolt...the one supplied is 2.5 inches...think a 3 should give me enough threads to get the nut started.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What's the status of this? Did you get it put together? Please post some pics. I love that exhaust...I want to see how much covers the 2013 taillight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts