Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....

I've never seen anyone talk about drag racing their bike.
I've been a long time drag race fan, since funnies were going 5's.

My buddy and his old man go to the track quite a bit so I was thinking I would get the strap and lowering links so I can join in on the fun.

Any of yous guys ever strap and link down and take her to the track??

If yeah, what'd you run(60ft/qtr.) and how much do you weigh. What'd you think about it

·
Registered
228 Posts
I haven't done it yet either but I've also been wanting to and probably will next spring seems how we're at the track about every weekend as well. I love watching people bring their bikes that apparently don't know how to ride them and try to take it down the strip, there was a guy on a new kawi that must of damn near dumped the clutch a few weeks ago and about flipped it over, quite hysterical. Do post back on your times when you get her there for sure!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Some people rag on me a bit for taking a sportbike to the drag strip, but I love it. Maybe it's because I spent alot of time at the strip with cars that never went faster than 14s, and now I have a toy that does 10s. :dontknow:

I even won the bike class my first time out against some very serious competition. :icon_lol: Actually I beat my buddy in the final after we eliminated a quad and two guys that I had to explain the concept of bracket racing to. Either way I got a 3ft trophy. :icon_supe

I've only had the 07 out once, all stock (no strapping or anything). Best run:

RT 0.0147
60 1.8822
330 4.8151
1/8 7.1974
mph 102.02
1/4 11.0474
mph 126.33

I think elevation was around 1100. I weigh about 160.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats silly people give you flak for draggin it.
"Thats things meant for the corners" Something along those lines I bet huh?

I know EXACTLY what your talking about when comparing bikes to cages.
I figure I can break 10's for half the price on my bike than I could in my truck.

My buddy can launch his modded ZX6RR at 9000 if he slips the clutch about 10 ft, all strapped down of course.

I can't friggin wait.
Ebay strap and Muzzy link gettin ordered tomo.
Test n tune here we come

Impressive times bro. Nice!

Bracket racings great, only time a 12 sec car can beat a 9 sec car.

I want to beat myself and watch my e.t.'s fall as I mod my baby up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
been racing in the NHRA since i was 10 actualy... Magnificent 7 forever!

i usually split my time between my car and bike at Pomona, but both are purpose built drag racers... never bothered with trying it on my street bike

·
Registered
411 Posts
^^^ ive dragged my cars (almost stock 99 civic si and supercharged 00 type r) at pomona too just for fun. I've been thinking about taking the bike there too. I like the thought of pinning the throttle and not worrying about cops. Do they still allow the public to come and race on the track?

what are the straps and links for?

·
Registered
281 Posts
^^^ ive dragged my cars (almost stock 99 civic si and supercharged 00 type r) at pomona too just for fun. I've been thinking about taking the bike there too. I like the thought of pinning the throttle and not worrying about cops. Do they still allow the public to come and race on the track?

what are the straps and links for?
What's up john, sucks you don't have that type r anymore. I would love to have seen it and took a spin in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts