Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be doing the 520 conversion for an upcoming trackday at Willow Springs ( big track). Just curious as to whether or not I'll be better off with 15/43 or 15/45?

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
http://www.600rr.net/forums/resources.php

Use the speed calculator to figure out what you'd rather have from your sprocket sizes.

A 15/45 would definitely give you a lot more bottom end, but she might wanna come up a little easier ;-)

Hey Uma, he's talking about sprocket sizes, 15 being the number of teeth the front sprocket has, and 45 being the number of teeth the rear sprocket has. Stock gearing is 16/43. I think.

H

·
0 Posts
you are not losing that much on the top end with the 15/45... i have it on my bike and for me i would not have it anyother way... a lot more power down low and it does come up easier with little effort, but if you are a good rider then you can keep it down and still not lose your accel in first...

i do not know much about racing, so i cannot help you much there

·
Registered
595 Posts
Big willow is a fast track and you don't need that much pull down low. if it was on streets of willow i would change the sporckets because there are plenty of 1st and 2nd gear corners, but big from what i hear big willow has mainly high speed corners, most of which can be taken at well over 100mph. new sprockets would be wasted on such an environment, and the possibility of the front lifting in one of the turns...egad.

My vote is to change it after, but it is your call and i'm just a fool with a bike. Good luck and i'll see you there if you are going on september 4th.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i agree w MAD1, i ride big willow and its a fast track, i have a 15/43 w a 520 convesion and it feels like im giving a some top end. if you do a 15/45 you prolly be spending a lot of your time shifting and losing focus on what you should be doing, LEARNING.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, thanks fellas. I'll just stick with the 15/43 for Willow. See you there Mad1.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
ray.. no matter what u do with ur gearing... ur still gonna be hauling a$$ u bastid... i cant wait to get on the dayam track already... 2 more weeks bro... hey btw.. are you staying overnight at park plaza or what?

·
Registered
243 Posts
[quote='03 Double_R]I'm going to be doing the 520 conversion for an upcoming trackday at Willow Springs ( big track). Just curious as to whether or not I'll be better off with 15/43 or 15/45?[/quote]

Why not check with Nick @ Riders Inc :?: He rides that track all the time!

____RED RR_____
*AFAM rear
*Galfer SS lines
*Motul E-Tech
*Pilot power
*Vinci carbon fiber

"The BITTERNESS of poor quality remains long after the SWEETNESS of a cheap price is forgotten!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts