Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been out of the scene for three years, picked up my 600rr back in April and have been kind of putting around. Bike was sitting at 300 miles so I thought the general break in period should be good and why don't I take her out to stretch her wheels (she speaks to me and she's not real happy about staying below 8,000 rpm).

So I take her out of San Diego, past Alpine, up to Laguna Mountain near Julian. She handles perfectly, even when I'm flying on a little two lane and run over one of those goddamn cow grates they put in the middle of the road (I'm starting to really like the pro-link).

Long story short, I get home and I'm walking like a Texas cowboy. It's not just my legs that are lethargic, my entire body feels like I just did a set of circuits at the gym.

My question is, how many miles do you guys put on your rides before feeling beat up? I feel that the riding position is pretty agressive, but I try to arch my back, flex, and change position often. That seemed to work, my lower back isn't bothering me like I thought it would - it's more of an ALL OVER kind muscle soreness.

This bike LOVES to be rode hard. HATES streets with stoplights (I can literally watch the temp guage progress up to 220 in one or two stop lights). I thought I was a canyon superstar today, thinking to myself, wow, I must be almost scratching the pavement. Not so, I still have a good centimeter of tread on either side that hasn't been touched yet. It FEELS like I'm going much lower than on my F4 of yester years, but it must be in my head.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just still kinda excited about the bike.

·
Registered
301 Posts
glad to see you are enjoying her! I ride mine about 2-3 hours a day and feel pretty good when I get off! But then again, I''m 23! We'll see how fit I really am when I have to ride 600 miles this wednesday with only fuel stops! I Have had a few times then my groin felt pretty beat up though, this is when I've been crouched down for over an hour though. :neutral:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read about your upcoming marathon on a previous post - good luck and let us know how it goes.

I was pissed when I read people where standing around your bike and touched it. WTF Remember the Viper car alarm ads where some dude comes to jack a car and a pit viper pops up in the window and hisses? I want scientists to genetically engineer a snake to do that.

That alarm with the pager sounds likes a good idea.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I went 325 miles Saturday, and I definetly felt it at about 6 o'clock that night. The last 40 miles were on the highway, so I just laid my chest on the tank the whole way to try and give my legs/back a break. I woke up Sunday still feeling it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I was pissed when I read people where standing around your bike and touched it.
You know, I wouldn't be mad if they were touching it, but spitting is just plain rude and deserves a kick in the balls. ;-)
But that aside, I am trying to fabricate a pillow about 1 inch thick so I can have my chest on the tank and not feel too many vibrations! What an adventure! :evil: these bikes were SOOO not made for this, but the guy at the shop wont trade it for an 03 busa plus 1,000 dollars. Oh well. I like the RR better! It's worth the pain. :razz:

·
Registered
301 Posts
mabbottusmc, where at in SD? I'll be in western sd, where all the fun is(twisties galore!) I'd really like to ride with some other RR riders. Not too many here in iowa. :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts