Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
someone pulled over after being caught going 155mph then jailed.

http://www.wtop.com/index.php?sid=724993&nid=456&top5=1

i never went that fast...i don't plan to...but dayums he got his bike "impounded" / donated to government auction. dayums.

i'd like to ask....how many of you would pull over after tripling speed limit on highway?

·
Registered
888 Posts
"He pulled over once he saw all of us, without incident," Riley said. "He just said he didn't think he was going that fast and he didn't know we were behind him. He thought he was only doing 120 or 130."
bwahahahahaha!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have seen 161 on my RR on the interstate. It was late afternoon and no traffice for miles.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
ya ive seen 155 before. . . its not that hard and it doesn't take too much road to get there. I def would try to evade. . . btw. . . .I never do anything over the speed limit when there are vehicles around.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Yea, definitely with no moving objects around... Especially with cars that cross the doubles and pull onto the oncoming lane to make room for you to go around them on the right...when you were sputtering along behind them for 3 miles waiting for that one straightaway to pass them on the left...and they chose to be so "courteous" and then sideswipe you off the road when they see that a car is coming. :headscrat

·
Registered
161 Posts
The problem with no one was around is, people get around really really fast when they are doing 40 and you are doing 150. I have seen a few times in S. Fla. where guys are doing 100+ going up one side of a bridge, not being able to see the other side, and almost cutting a car in half on the other, down, side of the bridge. Cars seem like they are standing still when you are going that fast. PLease be careful going that fast, even on back roads. Dogs or racoons can do a serious amount of damage to you and your bike going that fast. If you are going to go that fast, always wear your gear.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
ah, R6 guys.

grow up and get a RR.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
charles722 said:
how many of you would pull over after tripling speed limit on highway?
I woudlnt even have to consider running becuase Id never be stupid enough to do 155 on a public, uncontrolled highway. What an idiot. He deserves whatevers coming to him.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I also have seen 160+. But I dont do that anymore... I dont think Ive broke 90 for about a year. I generally ride about 5 miles faster than traffic, but when traffic is going faster than 90, I find a slower lane.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I almost never speed on a bike now. Since Bikers have a bad rep, but yeah I would have been smarter to evade. Unless he had no exits to get into some traffic or maybe some turns to burn him, then your fucked.

KMF where are you in South FLorida?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Homestead, and your gear will save your butt at any speed. I just went down at what I guess was a real, not indicated, 130+mph at Homestead Speedway. Came out with only a broken ankle.

By the way, when you speed/run you put innocent lives at stake not just your.

·
Registered
362 Posts
:bs: he thought he was going 120-130. If your going that fast you know exactally how fast you are going. At least I would. I've never had 'er up that high and I really don't want to. let's think about this for a minute. R-6 going 155. That's 6th gear and dang near top speed is it not. 120-130 crap! He knows what that thing will do.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts