Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted I didn't get much over 5800 RPM or so, but that wasn't bad as I didn't hit 'reserve' or the blinking light.

...it does blink right? I didn't wanna wait and see if my bike had an issue with the fuel level lol

·
Registered
919 Posts
Granted I didn't get much over 5800 RPM or so,
Hey man you better get the revs up unless you want to have a weak engine. That is way to low rpm during breakin. You should of been going well over 10K and then to red line. Just be mindful of the tires thats all.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I never went over 50-55 and once on the second tank I started opening her up, she'll be fine.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Well I never went over 50-55 and once on the second tank I started opening her up, she'll be fine.
In what gears, not 5th or 6th I hope.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mainly 3 and 4th gear on the backroads, when I would get her up to 80 once or so.. ok a few times, 5th and 6th

·
Registered
417 Posts
I went from San Leandro to Monterey and back. The display said it had 2 bars, but the bike just died in traffic, it had ran out of gas. It did not blink at all, it just died. I was lucky, 100 yard from the freeway has a gas station. It sucks to push the rr with full leather and puck. I guess that's one way to break-in my leathers... lol... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good god... thats scary, maybe I was pushing the envelope :roll:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Is 100-160 the overall mileage you guys are getting out a full tank of gas.

·
Registered
379 Posts
160 i have never even gotten remotely close to that, i am always on here too much :bounce: about 110 to 130 is about as high as i get LOL

·
Registered
392 Posts
I blink about 120miles, but I got 160 with .2 gallons to spare :lol2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts