Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 17.5k miles on my bike and went to the dealership to put my bike in for the 16k maintenance. Dealership wants to charge me 1000 bucks for this maintenance including parts/labor... does this sound right. Reason I ask was because I went to this same dealership for this maintenance about 3 months ago and they were gonna charge me almost half 550. I'm guessing the reason it's so expensive is the valve clearance/check. Just curious as to what you guys paid for your 16k maintenance if you paid for it. I went to a Yamaha dealership and got quoted 140 bucks and sounds iffy that they are doing it for that cheap. This first dealership that wants to charge me 1000 is the only honda authorized dealership and is also where I bought the bike.

Bike is a 07 600rr

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i didn't have it done on my 03 this summer, it has 22k on it now and is fine. there are several posts on here that people have had the valves check/adjustment done to have nothing more than find out they are within spec.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Call other dealerships and ask what they charge. They don't have to be local to make a phone call. Figure out if it is worth your time to drive to another dealership or not.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats crazy man, did u have them do your initial service, and if so how much was that
Are you talking about the 500 mile service, I think all I paid for was an oil change. But for every 4k I bring it in and get charged 175 for an oil change including parts(filter oil). This was my first bike and I was real paranoid that I would screw something up on the bike and crash on the road or something, but I guess i'll be doing my own stuff from now on

·
Registered
106 Posts
Are you talking about the 500 mile service, I think all I paid for was an oil change. But for every 4k I bring it in and get charged 175 for an oil change including parts(filter oil).

Ouch, I had a new front tire put on and while it was there, change the oil/filter, check fluids, lube and adj the chain, check out the rest of the bike and they picked it up and dropped it back off at my house for 183$.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Are you talking about the 500 mile service, I think all I paid for was an oil change. But for every 4k I bring it in and get charged 175 for an oil change including parts(filter oil). This was my first bike and I was real paranoid that I would screw something up on the bike and crash on the road or something, but I guess i'll be doing my own stuff from now on

damn man, at least do the oil yourself if anything and save yourself some bucks.
there really isnt anything that can go wrong with an oil change...other than getting your hands dirty :all_cohol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts