Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
You should look at the manual and read what they actually do for that service (actually 4k mi), and decide for yourself if an oil change, chain adj, and brake pad inspection is worth $180 and the time for you to deal with it.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Do it yourself for $40 or less....And that's if you go with the expensive oil and filter. :icon_lol:

There is a write up in the 07-08 How To section on how to change your oil ---> http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=116041

And it tells you how to adjust your chain in your owners manual and you don't even need a rear stand to do it....all though it does help.

Good luck

G

·
There's no need for a 3,000mile service.

600 mile, 4,000 mile, 8,000 mile, 12,000 mile, 16,000 mile, 20,000 mile, 24,000mile, and so on.

All of which you can do yourself, unless you don't know where the oil goes. Anyway, RTFM.

...but I'll ride up to Jupiter and do it for $100. :D

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i changed at 600,2000,5000,8000...and DIY to the OP...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sorry to see u got it with no vaseline from ur local stealership. Count it a loss and just learn from your mistake. PS Shop manual and supplys would have been a third of that.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Complete waste of money.
so replacing oil is waste of money?..maybe to you but not to me...i wanna keep my engine for a long time....

·
Registered
3,691 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
There's no need for a 3,000mile service.

600 mile, 4,000 mile, 8,000 mile, 12,000 mile, 16,000 mile, 20,000 mile, 24,000mile, and so on.

All of which you can do yourself, unless you don't know where the oil goes. Anyway, RTFM.

...but I'll ride up to Jupiter and do it for $100. :D

what u mean this manual that has no required service at 4K?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Check over that again. At 4,000 miles you're supposed to inspect the brake fluid, brake pads, and the clutch.

I know but i don't classify that as a service b/c nothing is required to be changed. i dunno, just my personal thoughts on th3 4K "service."

if anyone brings a bike to a dealer for a 4K service i have some land to sell them off the coast of california.

G

·
I know but i don't classify that as a service b/c nothing is required to be changed. i dunno, just my personal thoughts on th3 4K "service."

if anyone brings a bike to a dealer for a 4K service i have some land to sell them off the coast of california.
It's still a service period, because technically you're not even supposed to work on the bike.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
so replacing oil is waste of money?..maybe to you but not to me...i wanna keep my engine for a long time....
yes but there is no reason to replace it until it needs to be replaced.
good quality oils will last 5K miles easy.

if you are changing your oil too early then you are wasting your money.
it either protects or it doesnt.
send a sample to be tested. they will tell you that you can go longer on the next change or it needed to be changed sooner.

yeah yeah i know, you are the whole. i change it because i want my bike to run forever person.
you change your oil as soon as it starts to look a little dark. some people wont listen to science.

G

·
Yeah, replacing oil is a waste of money. Read over Mr. Gribble's...I mean Shackleford's post a few times, and then go search the oil section for oil test results. My oil has about 4,500 miles on it right now and an easy 2,000 more before it needs to be changed. Changing oil before you need to will not make your engine run better or last longer. It will only burn a hole in your wallet.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hey hey hey, there's nothing wrong with a good 'ol oil change every now and then... Remember, oil lubricates, cools, and protects the engine; and why not replace an old, possibly clogged oil filter? Just don't let the stealership do it. Invest in a stand and get used to handling fairings; get to know your bike a little bit better ;)

G

·
Hey hey hey, there's nothing wrong with a good 'ol oil change every now and then... Remember, oil lubricates, cools, and protects the engine; and why not replace an old, possibly clogged oil filter? Just don't let the stealership do it. Invest in a stand and get used to handling fairings; get to know your bike a little bit better ;)
There's nothing wrong doing that when you need to, but after 2,000 miles? Oil still has at least another 5,000 miles of life after that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.