Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
I don't recall anyone posting OTF about switching to 18" rims...lowers bike, shortens wheelbase, changes front end geometry.
IIRC, Honda went down this road (18" fronts) many years ago.....and returned to 19".
Why would you want to do that?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I don't recall anyone posting OTF about switching to 18" rims...lowers bike, shortens wheelbase, changes front end geometry.
IIRC, Honda went down this road (18" fronts) many years ago.....and returned to 19".
Why would you want to do that?
In front, you may be thinking of 16" front wheels used in '80s? Or 16" front used on original CBR900RR? They went back to 17".

Reactions: 498cm3

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hi everyone struggling to figure out if 18s will fit on cbr600? Did have a very good look online but couldn't find 1 post so wondering if anyone here might be able to help.

Much appreciated
As to the why, my vfr runs 17 front and 18inch rear and I enjoy the stance.
Which year VFR? My '86 VFR came with 16" front and 18" rear wheels. Then I changed to 17x3.5" and 17x4.5" wheels to use wider modern radial tyres.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a Nc30 vfr400 it has 17inch front just like the cbr600rr but the back is 18inch so it has a smaller front wheel than back.

My question is about fitting an 18inch wheel to the rear of the CBR600RR 2013 regarding clearance ect

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sure you can fit any wheel you want with proper spacers. Shouldn't be any clearance issues, depending upon tyre size. Should maintance close to same diameter as original.

Which 18" wheel were you planning to use?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure you can fit any wheel you want with proper spacers. Shouldn't be any clearance issues, depending upon tyre size. Should maintance close to same diameter as original.

Which 18" wheel were you planning to use?
Thanks for your input is very much appreciated! I'm looking at using a wheel/rim similar to the VFR since the front wheel on my CBR is not the stock one not sure how but when I bought the bike it had a fireblade front wheel ? Maybe you can identify?

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that front wheel is from 2007-2012 CBR600RR
Thank you so much I was wondering my guess was a fireblade but definitely makes more sense. Busy restoring this bike and it was being daily driven by the previous owner with top and bottom stearing races snapped in 3 pieces hahahha anyway now just need to try get a manual chain tensioner into RSA

Appreciate your wisdom

1 - 11 of 11 Posts