Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to purchase a set of Dunlop GP-A tires and the rear is only available in a 190/55. Will that fit on the 600 rim and within the swingarm? Just want to make sure before I drop a bunch of $ on tires. Thanks.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Yes

10 char

·
4,993 Posts
^this

5 char

·
Registered
673 Posts
You could always get a different tire of similar/better quality with the size meant for your bike.

·
4,993 Posts

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
It should fit without any problems. Most 190's should all fit on 5.5" rims like on our 600rr's, and 6.00" like on most 1000's.

·
4,993 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Want to purchase a set of Dunlop GP-A tires and the rear is only available in a 190/55. Will that fit on the 600 rim and within the swingarm? Just want to make sure before I drop a bunch of $ on tires. Thanks.
Hope you have a height adjustable shock & a good suspension man to set it up to run a 190/55 rear
Front is gonna push w/o a proper suspension setup change

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yes, in most cases.

Surprised no one has brought up gearing. If you're running "stunta" gearing :crackup: it likely won't work, because the bigger the rear sprocket, the shorter the wheelbase (using a standard length chain).

+1-3 teeth out back.... you should be okay.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hope you have a height adjustable shock & a good suspension man to set it up to run a 190/55 rear
Front is gonna push w/o a proper suspension setup change
Very likely depending on just what suspension he has, and how it's set up.

It could improve the turn in, as it did on my '03 600RR w/stock suspension a few years back.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
short answer...

yes, it will fit a 5.5 wheel. and yes, it will clear the swingarm and rear wheel fender with or without a tire warmer.
http://dunlopracing.com/tires-products/d209gpa/
http://dunlopracing.com/tires-products/d211gpa/
http://dunlopracing.com/tires-products/d211gp/

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have 211 ntec's on my 600rr 190/55

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
i love em bro. wish they never discontinued them. from what ive gathered, 211 gpa's are a step above the 209 gpa's.

how about you with the 211's, you like em? are they ntecs or gpa's?
I was gonna use a 209 up front and 211 in the back, but I picked up a couple sets of 211 NTEC's instead

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
if ya dont mind me asking...
where are you gettin your ntecs from?
pm me if you wanna keep it private.
Me too...and what are you paying for them ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts