Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all I just purchased a 1998 cbr 600 f3 super super cheap running but after riding for like 20 min it starts to bog and stutter and will die then don’t want to start anymore seems to be flooded? I’m at a loss and also where can I buy parts for my bike I can’t find any good parts online

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Could be fuel-related. Measure fuel-pump flow-rate for 10-sec and see how much petrol flowed.

Reactions: NewRedRider

· Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
Welcome to the net!

Did you run it on old gas from the tank? You may have old gas or debris clogging the needle seat(s) or a stuck float(s). Try running some sea-foam or Berryman B-12 with some fresh gas and see if you can get it to clear out. If not you'll probably need to get a gasket kit and rebuild them. Ronayer's has parts as well as Amazon or ebay.

Amazon.com : 1998 honda 600 f3

1998 honda cbr600f3 for sale | eBay

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the net!

Did you run it on old gas from the tank? You may have old gas or debris clogging the needle seat(s) or a stuck float(s). Try running some sea-foam or Berryman B-12 with some fresh gas and see if you can get it to clear out. If not you'll probably need to get a gasket kit and rebuild them. Ronayer's has parts as well as Amazon or ebay.

Amazon.com : 1998 honda 600 f3

1998 honda cbr600f3 for sale | eBay
Awsome for some insight Ty it seems to be running better but I still think I need a new air filter and some clean up where is a cheap fairing kit anyone know

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awsome for some insight Ty it seems to be running better but I still think I need a new air filter and some clean up where is a cheap fairing kit anyone know
And idk I bought the bike it had been sitting for a bit but there was no gas in it I filled it up and it studdered but is doing a lot better now but not 100%

· Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
I was going to mention that you check your air filter. Mice love to make a home there. It's a good sign the tank was empty. Maybe your PO was smart and didn't store it with gas in the carbs/tank. It could be a stuck float or needle seat just from being dry for so long. Tap on the side of the carbs with a screwdriver next to the needle seat and see if it clears up. Sometimes they just need some time to come back around.

I'd also dump the oil and put some fresh oil in. It could be the valves are sticking and just need a few heat cycles to loosen up.

· Registered
44 Posts
I second the Berryman's B-12. Over any other fuel injection cleaner. Bar none. It has Methanol, MEK and Acetone as the active ingredients. If it doesn't clean it, nothing will.
Also, for most of my riding life, since 76, I have used Marvel Mystery Oil, at a rate of one ounce per gallon. It helps prevent things from getting clogged up in the first place, and serves as a top end lubricant. I fill my bikes in my garage, using three five gallon containers with filters in the nozzles. And use a home made filtered funnel to pour the gas into a half gallon plastic liquor bottle, then into the bike. Bikes are kept vertical in chocks, and the tanks filled almost to the brim. Prevents rust in the tanks, and the M.M.O. helps on that front as well. I put five ounces of M.M.O in each container, so it's pre-mixed before I use it.

· Registered
44 Posts
Here you go. Everything you wanted to know, but weren't afraid to ask.

· Registered
44 Posts
I have four 32 ounce bottles, they are marked on the side in four ounce increments. So I buy a one gallon jug of it at O'Reilly's about once every three months or so. Use it in all my vehicles. Have done so for many years. With the exception of my 98 Ranger, which is just old, I've never had to change a fuel pump on a vehicle. Never had to do a valve job either. I believe the stuff keeps the valve seats from wearing, hence the need for valve jobs is moot. I keep the tail pipes on my three bikes clean, even on the inside. Just anal I suppose. When using MMO, it leaves a light easily wiped away tan powder inside the pipes. If I don't use it, the insides turn black. I prefer the easily wiped away tan powder myself.

Reactions: 498cm3

· Registered
44 Posts
wish i'd used MMO on my 2000 ford ranger 3.0 l ... lamest v6 in history.

Cali model, atrocious mpg and piss poor acceleration.

kept dropping valve stem inserts......motor out at 254 k

absolutely shameful.
I have a 98 3.0 V-6 Ranger. Heading for 186,000 miles, owned it 23 years. Modified exhaust, MAC "Cold Air Intake", tuned for 93 octane. I love it. Was out driving it around my favorit set of curves today. Never had the engine apart. Has a shift kit in the automatic transmission and 4.10 gears a friend installed for me two years ago. It's a great "all weather beater". Getting over 20 mpg since I deleted all the damn smog junk. EVAP? Gone. EGR? Gone? Catalytic Converter? Doesn't work any longer, can tell by the smell.

Reactions: 498cm3
1 - 15 of 15 Posts