Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yea my wife loves riding w me so much she went out and bought herself a bike lol....2009 Yami FZ-6R in the white and pink (as i never would have guessed lol)....she takes the OOSI (Orange Osceola Safety Institute) course next week..OOSI is the local course but its run by MSF...i guess the county just wants a way to make more money lol..she gets her license automatically after completion..ive read reviews and articles on the bike and its been a general consencous that its the perfect bike for beginners..just thought i woulda ask you all if youve heard anything about them...kinda late to change it but just so i know what to be aware of...thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
She bought a Yami behind your back and you're still married?!? lol j/k keep us posted with her progress!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Have her buy aftermarket fairings and ride with those on for the first few months till the comfort has grown, sounds like a waste but think about it. If the plastics are priced anywhere near graffiti you know what I mean. Good Luck, if she loves to ride, you've got a keeper:hump: go wifey!:01_thumbu

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Get her frame sliders ASAP! My girl dropped her bike in the parking lot at starbucks one day. It was windy and when she getting off the bike the wind caught her and over it went. Lucky her boot kept the bike from getting really messed up...Just a couple really small scratches on the fairing and the turn signal

And yes i know frame sliders are not designed to protect the fairings but they help to minimize the damage :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trust me...she bought the bike yesterday and today i made her go buy frame sliders..she woulda gotten a normal street bike but shes a small girl and im convinced that the torque and Power to weight ratio would be too much for her to start on...so yah shes really excited and cant wait to ride

i think i have a mod problem...cuz now i find myself looking for mods to HER bike after i shop for mine lol

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Contrary to popular opinion I think a 600 is not a good first bike. A better bike would be a 250 or 500 instead, but that point has been argued here from the dawn of time. There's a reason the safety course doesnt use 600's.
She has the bike though. its a good bike. I hope she enjoys it and I hope you both enjoy your time together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts