Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay bike went down a week ago most of the damage was on the left side. I still was able to ride it home. I changed the stator today and went for a spin. Now everytime i start the bike a throw it in 1st it cuts off. I am unable to move the bike. It cranks up every time, put ip the kick stand then throw it in first and it cuts off.

Any Ideas

D

·
0 Posts
Check your clutch and kickstand safety switches. More likely to be an issue with your clutch safety switch.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
clutch, or kickstand sensors are tripping the kill.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Kickstand switch, clutch switch, diodes (found in the fuse box)

Check in that order...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a check of all the fuses and they seem to be all good, The wires midway through are exposed, this could be my issue. Are there more than one sensor plugs coming from the kick stand

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
nope, one sensor on stand, one sensor on clutch,

D

·
0 Posts
I did a check of all the fuses and they seem to be all good, The wires midway through are exposed, this could be my issue. Are there more than one sensor plugs coming from the kick stand
Fuses will not cause this issue. Only the kickstand sensor is by the kickstand. The wires pass along the engine and below the stator cover.

The clutch safety switch and kickstand safety switch, aside from a damaged transmission, would be the only things to cause this problem.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANKS I WILL LOOK AT EVERYTHING THIS WEEKEND. i KNOW WHERE THE KICK STAND WIRE STOPS AND STARTS....... WHERE IS THE CLUTCH SAFTEY SWITCH????????

D

·
0 Posts
On the clutch lever. Maybe you accidentally unplugged the subharness for the turn signal/horn/clutch assembly since it's located near the plug for the stator.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
THANKS I WILL LOOK AT EVERYTHING THIS WEEKEND. i KNOW WHERE THE KICK STAND WIRE STOPS AND STARTS....... WHERE IS THE CLUTCH SAFTEY SWITCH????????
ON THE CLUTCH LEVER...

Yelling is fun... :crackup::drunk:

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Okay..... so it was the kickstand sensor that took the damage as well as the stator. I took off the bolt and it fell apart in to pieces. I will post some pics.

.....Just need to order a new one Ronayres has them for 60bucks

Thanks

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Okay..... so it was the kickstand sensor that took the damage as well as the stator. I took off the bolt and it fell apart in to pieces. I will post some pics.

Thanks
good to hear you have it sorted, and a nice easy fix!

D

·
0 Posts
I don't see how it could be the clutch switch. That only allows you to start the bike in gear, it willl shut off even if the clutch is pulled in and you shift the bike with the stand down. This could of only been the kickstand switch or it's wiring.
Crash damage does strange things, especially if it's damaged and shorts to power.

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
I understand that, but a short in that system should not cause that effect. Only the kickstand switch and it's wiring should cause the problem listed.

If I had my clutch pulled or released, it should not shut off when shifted. The kickstand switch will definitely shut off the bike when malfunctioning.

D

·
0 Posts
I understand that, but a short in that system should not cause that effect. Only the kickstand switch and it's wiring should cause the problem listed.

If I had my clutch pulled or released, it should not shut off when shifted. The kickstand switch will definitely shut off the bike when malfunctioning.
If it gets shorted to another power line, yes it can cause that problem. Not the switch itself, but the circuit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts