Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new rider. I have about 750 miles on the bike so far.

I've gotten used to the acceleration and I'm noticing that first gear has a bit of a lag compared to 2nd/3rd.

Takes a while for it to rev/pull harder.

I have Jardine Exhaust and PCIII (came with the bike when I bought it).

Took it to my friend's shop, who doesnt do much with the tuning, but maintenance. He checked the oil, clutch seems fine.

He popped up the bike in first gear, and 2nd. Said he doesn't think anything is wrong with it.

I've had 2 other biker friends ride my bike who said they noticed the lag, and the lack of torque. Seems like something is missing, and maybe something is wrong with the PCIII.

The bike is plenty quick for me as it sits, but it's one of those things that has me scratching my head.

Anyone else notice this? Is this normal for 600rr or PCIII?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I noticed the same thing (just started riding 2 weeks ago), it reminds me of turbo lag. I think it has to do with the dual stage fuel injection or something, albeit I don't know much about bikes.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
It is normal. if you want to feel "lag" in first gear then ride an r6. Tall gear

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. had me a lil nervous at first.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha I walked into my buddies' shop and was like John... my bike is slow, I need a 1000.

he laughed and was like what did you break now? had a few people ride it, tell me its quick, and didn't feel anything other than the clutch didnt want to disengage fully (had to adjust the cable).

I like shifting with 1-2 fingers as opposed to 3-4.

So when my buddy john that owns the shop took it out for a spin, and launched it from first (dropping the clutch at ????rpms), and rode the wheelie into 2nd gear... then came back down the street nearly 12'o'clocking the bike... pulled it back in, laughed, and said there aint a damn thing wrong with it.

[wish I caught it all on video! rumor has it, he's wheelie goldwings before]

I said so I need a 1000? he said no you need to learn how to ride.
I said "you gonna teach that in your motorcycle classes?" lol

guess I just need to learn how to ride lol
like I said, the bike is plenty fast enough for me (new rider)

Just got a lil paranoid when other riders tell me they think something is wrong with it.

I think I'll hold off on a bigger bike :crackup:

thanks for everything guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts