Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://youtu.be/zxVNnNctumw

Here's my first attempt at something entertaining from the gopro setup.

Would have mounted differently if I had it to do over again.

Also my first fist bump a cager attempt.

Positive and negative feedback welcomed. :serious:

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Mount it on the side and have it point more upwards so it isn't looking down so much.

We, ethanol. Don't sit on the bike fuelling up. ;-)

Use some loctite for that mirror bolt.

Good video though.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the helpful feedback. I didnt have much footage for that one.

I next one will be better. Still top mounted though. I was tempted to chin mount it. The roads are much more twisty this next time but the pavement is still wet, so I take it easy mostly.

I am kinda shocked nobody blasted that quickly annoying song.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You get distracted, the thing overflows and you end up with your "crown jewells" covered in gas, and gas is good for the engine, not so much for your offspring producing protuberance!
All the pumps I've used have a sensor to stop filling once it hits the nozzle. I've never heard not to fill while seated, doesn't mean it's right or wrong I guess. I just pay attention to the highly flammable/corrosive liquid I'm pumping into my motorcycle and take care to not even get a drop on my tank cover.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
All the pumps I've used have a sensor to stop filling once it hits the nozzle. I've never heard not to fill while seated, doesn't mean it's right or wrong I guess. I just pay attention to the highly flammable/corrosive liquid I'm pumping into my motorcycle and take care to not even get a drop on my tank cover.
Those nozzles only works with cars... Coz on the bike leaving the nozzle inside would only fill half of your tank.

People normally try to refill while seating to get more gas on the tank, I did my tests and you can only get a little tiny bit more.

I also pay attention when refuelling, but once someone distracted me and I soaked the bike with gas, not that I had planned it... **** just happens without prior notifications.

Here in Spain is actually ilegal to refuel while seating on the bike.

It's just a piece of advice you can take it or leave it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Those nozzles only works with cars... Coz on the bike leaving the nozzle inside would only fill half of your tank.

People normally try to refill while seating to get more gas on the tank, I did my tests and you can only get a little tiny bit more.

I also pay attention when refuelling, but once someone distracted me and I soaked the bike with gas, not that I had planned it... **** just happens without prior notifications.

Here in Spain is actually ilegal to refuel while seating on the bike.

It's just a piece of advice you can take it or leave it.
Yeah..I can see the freak accident happening I suppose. Never really thought about it more than what it was- thanks for sharing the experience. I usually stick the nozzle in so it's just below the "fill-collar" and it works out well. Just like with a car, always good to leave extra space in the tank, should never fully top it off.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Enjoyable :) Liked the music, and the added sounds too.

Dat wave though :D

As was said before, think your cam is angled downwards a bit too much. If you want to show part of the bike, I'd mount it on your chin.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Enjoyable :) Liked the music, and the added sounds too.

Dat wave though :D

As was said before, think your cam is angled downwards a bit too much. If you want to show part of the bike, I'd mount it on your chin.
Thabks for the feedback.

That's not how you wave at fellow motorcyclists?

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
You get distracted, the thing overflows and you end up with your "crown jewells" covered in gas, and gas is good for the engine, not so much for your offspring producing protuberance!
You can get distracted doing anything, even riding itself. The key is to pay attention to what you are doing.

Since its illegal in your case, that is understood. I usually pump while sitting on the bike and flip the kickstand down. I've done this for a decade with no issues. I'm actually paying more attention since I'm on top of the bike, plus there is no chance of it falling over since both my feet are on each side of the bike (vs you standing on one side only.)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool video man! The editing was humorous and went well with the music...

I'm gonna start waving like that to the other bikes! LOL!
Haha... let us know what response you get. I always think I am hilarious. Sadly few other riders seem to think so. I will retain that they are so so cold.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts