Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today i finally got to take the bike out... I was so excited to get to ride for the 1st time this year... It was 46 degrees here in pittsburgh when i left for work, so it wasnt too bad. I made sure i put a hoodie on under my jacket and tucked my hood into my helmet to keep my neck warm. It felt so good to finally get out. As i was leaving work today, the company i work for is in an industrial park, so as im coming down the road not even a 1/4 mile away from the office, there is a bunch of traffic backed up. There was an older guy on a kawi zx10-r in the middle of the road. He was laying there with the ambulance guy tending too him. Didnt see what happened to him but bike was just laying there and it didnt seem like he was moving. Speed limit is only like 25 mph and its a pretty heavy traffic road... i felt bad for the guy, and it put alittle scare into me on the way home bc the temperature dropped throughout the day. It was like 37 degrees when i left, definitley alot colder than this morning. But, all in all it was awesome to finally get out. Anyone here in the colder climates get to take there first ride yet?

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
wow sorry to hear about the older man! hope every thing is all right....

Ive been riding all year so far.. the coldest day i had to ride it was 28*

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I'm not that desperate to ride in under 50 degrees, It really isn't enjoyable. I have a few more weeks till I probably will pull it out.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn 28 is cold. Coldest i ever road i think was about 32 and it was snow flurring... Thats alittle too cold for me. My favorite temperature to ride at is like 65-70. Not too warm where ur sweating in ur gear, but also not really cold at all, its just comfortable..

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
dam its still snow pack up here in AK,.. prolly wont even ride till mid April. really sucks . well happy riding to you. lets keep this thread going for "first ride for 2k12" !!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats not cool, damn mid april... Im started to get excited about the season, cant wait to ride all the time when the weather is nice. Last year from my 1st year with the bike. So, now that i got a good year of riding under my belt, looking forwared to this year...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hope that guy's okay..

I went riding maybe once a week during the colder weather.. I'll go inside around 40 degrees, and I have to stop once in a while to warm my hands on the engine cover lol. First real ride was 2 days ago when it was 60 degrees out.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice.... Yea i was warming my hands up today at the red lights trying to get them warm...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hopefully the guy pulled through, that has got to be a hell of a thing to see on your first time back on the bike for the year...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I rode a few times over the winter but only on the fluke 50 degree days...and I agree it's really only enjoyable riding in nice weather 70 degrees is perfect!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've ridden several times this year! Atleast 5-7 times since January!

This weather is nuts. Might go for a ride this wknd too!

·
Registered
561 Posts
We just got 13 inches last night....no ridding here for awhile. And I don't pull out the bike until its warm anyway. Its not my main mode of transportation and I like to enjoy the ride so I don't go out if its going to be probably less than ~50

I hope ill be out by mid april.

·
Registered
69 Posts
There have been a few days that I could have been out riding but nothing consistent. I just pulled the bike out shed to start getting it ready for the season. Supposed to be 60 on Monday so might take it out for the first time

·
Registered
561 Posts
I wait until there is no chance of snow since I leave my bike in my dads barn during the winter since I got rid of my house with the garage and am back to being an apartment dweller for another year or so. Im so anxious to get out riding though its getting crazy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I took the bike out on Christmas day and probably at least once a week since, sometimes more due to this crazy winter we've had here in Illinois. Im riding to class/ work tomorrow. and probably for the rest of the week as long as there's no rain. Ive put on about 900 miles on this winter :cruising:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts