Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1st time with one time. Waste of time.

1K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  ViperJ 
#1 ·
Got stopped today for the first time on my baby.

The Oyster Run was this weekend, so I'm sure this was the reason

I was just turning off my road, onto a main road, saw him wanting to turn right like three or four blocks ahead.

He didn't budge, so I made sure I was doing the speed limit(25), then turned right onto the road he was coming off of, he whipped a bitch, hit his lights half way up the street and I turned the corner and puuled up and over.

Had the helmet off by the time he walked up.
I say "Good after noon officer, is there a problem"

Him-"I see your trying to be legal with your lisc. plate"

I get off the bike and hunker down and look at the plate

Me- " I swore I double checked the viewable distance when I installed the undertail"

I reached under and "modified it" so it was a little more vertical and visible.

Me-"Hows that"

Him-"That'll probably get you by.......While I'm at it, you got your endorsement?"

Me-"No........I have my permit, the class isn't till middle of October, but Im legit"

He just wanted to run my numbers and all that jazz......they take your bike now if your not permitted/endorsed.
While waiting, he mentioned he was wanting a bike, and asked what size(I love that) it is, said he liked it.

I said "I see how ya are, you just pulled me over to check out my bike didn't you"
He chuckled a little, he wasn't rude, totally down to earth, handed back my lisc and told me to have a good day. :bootyshak

See less See more
#3 ·
what is your states' regulations regarding permits? don't have to be riding with someone?

#10 ·
in VA u have to be riding w/ someone who has their M endorsement at all times, u cant ride at night, and u cant ride a passenger.
u have to have the permit for 30 days before u can get your license, unless u do the full MSF course.

if u are caught riding w/ only a permit and no one licensed w/ u, they impound the bike now.

#15 ·
that worries me. From what i have heard you need to be over 18 and have a permit if you arent riding with someone who has a license. but i heard that from someone at walmart. whatever. but my buddy has been pulled over twice 95 in a 50 (12 points) the cop was **** but didnt nail him for permit. and like a week later 62 in a 50 (same road no problem) both cops didnt say anything. This bitch i know said its a ticket if your without a licensed rider but at this point im not sure what the actual laws are

#19 ·
In Washington you take the test and get your permit (cant ride at night and no passengers) that is good for 90 days. Then you take the riding course to finish getting your License. Or you can take the weekend motorcycle classes and as long as you pass you get your license

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.