Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it just me or on my new 05 600rr its a clunk getting into 2nd. some rides its fairly smooth others its a clunk every time its weird, i dont think its my shifting but i guess it could be.... if it is please give me a walkthru of some kind. also is it going to damage anything internal such as my gear teeth? i get it around 8-10k usually let off the gas a bit pull clutch half way maybe then shift up and i do this all within a second i cant figure it out....
thanks guys

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I think it has to do with the difference in ratio, plus the fact that you're going past neutral too. Your bike is new, it will smooth out over time, but will never fully go away. You just have to match revs a little better.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Randy13 said:
is it just me or on my new 05 600rr its a clunk getting into 2nd. some rides its fairly smooth others its a clunk every time its weird, i dont think its my shifting but i guess it could be.... if it is please give me a walkthru of some kind. also is it going to damage anything internal such as my gear teeth? i get it around 8-10k usually let off the gas a bit pull clutch half way maybe then shift up and i do this all within a second i cant figure it out....
thanks guys
Yes it is you Randy. There really is no walk-thru as you already have the basic idea. You just need to get used to the bike. My only advice is stop thinking about it so much and keep pressure on the gear shifter when up shifting. That way you're not trying to "Time it".

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah well i keep pressure on it also then when i let off gas a bit pull clutch i just pull my toes up and still kinda tuff guess ill just try to practice a bit thanks

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
You could get an r6. Shifting one of those is like pulling a knife through a jar of mayonaise. You can hardly tell it's even going into gear.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
could be that, or what the other guys said, you unknowningly are taking a tad longer withthat shift, since you have to be passing through N also.
i thought i had that problem for a while but after a while realised it was me.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Mine has smoothed out quite a bit, but did that a little at first. Just be sure to crank it from first to second and not get stuck in neutral or you'll do the embarassing loud rev that Im sure we've all done on occasion... and it always seems to happen at the time when its most embarassing...like leaving a coffee shop with all your friends watching :p.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I was having some trouble with this. Not everytime but here and there, I just recently ajusted my clutch lever it is a little tighter now than it was before. It used to feel like it had to much play, now I dont have much trouble with it. just my $0.02

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Like everyone here told...
It could be time to do a oil change or it be unexperience...
Solution -> Change oil and ride more often!!! :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah well already from thinking about the problem and trying to solve it, its already much smoother im just shifting faster with more force, also i could use an oil change at 450 miles now so i think i got it thanks fellas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts