Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 cbr600rr. Power commander, speedo healer, k&n air filter, +1 -2 power up sprockets, jardine RT-1 slip on. I have had a problem lately with the throttle position. When I let off the throttle completely, it is fluxuation between 2-3% to 0% throttle position displayed on the power commander software. I re-calibrated the throttle position with the power commander software but it still keeps happening. It is annoying because when I'm going into a turn, with the 2-3% throttle, its actually driving my bike into the turns. Any one who might know what the problem is? Any help is appreciated. My thoughts are sticking throttle cable or TPS. But it seemed to be happening ever since I put my power commander. And by the way when I put my power commander on, I had it professionally dyno'd and fuel map set up by Mark Harrell. I tried adjusting the fuel map when the throttle is at 0% but no difference.
Thanks.

D

·
0 Posts
1) You shouldn't be completely off the throttle going into a turn.
2) The power commander has no control over the actual throttle position, so it's not making your bike accelerate.

Are your throttle cables properly adjusted? TP sensor defaults to 0% if there's a problem with it, so the issue isn't with that. Perhaps the PC you have is faulty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking about turns on the street where there is a stop sign or traffis or red light ahead. And yes I adjusted the cables and no difference.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
i know you said you adjusted, but how much free play is there?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
About 1/8" or so
k, just wanted to make sure that was clear as some people think "adjusting the throttle" means to remove every last drop of slack from it...

the checking is done when motor is cold or hot?
the reason i ask ...

im not sure how it does it, perhaps in a way not detecablt by tps...

buuuut, 07+ has auto idle control .. so im some what wondering if its not a servo causing the throttle to adjust to a readable point by the tps to keep idle @ defined point

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It happens if I just start it up cold or if I shut the bike off after riding and start it up a few minutes later.

·
Registered
160 Posts
sorry, dont have it right in front of me, but I believe in PC setup, there is a way to calibrate the PC throttle position...might wanna look thru your manual or d/l from the pc site

·
Registered
160 Posts
sorry, dont have it right in front of me, but I believe in PC setup, there is a way to calibrate the PC throttle position...might wanna look thru your manual or d/l from the pc site

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
1) You shouldn't be completely off the throttle going into a turn.
2) The power commander has no control over the actual throttle position, so it's not making your bike accelerate.

Are your throttle cables properly adjusted? TP sensor defaults to 0% if there's a problem with it, so the issue isn't with that. Perhaps the PC you have is faulty.
The PC itself wont have that affect but dodgy wiring / wiring position will...

If you have the feed from the PC going past a power wire you may be getting some inductive pickup into the PC and ECU, check the position of you wires and see how you go.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't had a chance to check for being close to a power wire but when it wired it up there is barely any room for placement of the wires. How far away would the PC wires have to be from a power wire? And what would cause the interference, magnetic flux?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
The interference can be cause by both inductive and capacitive coupling between the wires, and 2 or so inches should be enough.

Main ones to look out for are power (stator) and ignition wires, the rest ought to be ok, including the 12V wires that are running around the bike... Its the stator wires going to the r/r that will be bad and the wires going from the ecu to the coils and coils to the engine stop relay.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts