Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can fit two bikes in a small pickup ? My buddy and I are planning a trip but not sure if they will fit . The truck is an 85 nissan and the bikes are 09 cbr 600 and an 09 r1 . I measured the bed and it was 4.5 x 6 feet. Thanks for any info !

·
Registered
103 Posts
Me and a buddy ported my bike in the back of his pickup last summer and he had snagged a special strap that cupped the handles and secured the bike down to the bed. That and a couple more regular straps, and we were gold.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Me and a buddy ported my bike in the back of his pickup last summer and he had snagged a special strap that cupped the handles and secured the bike down to the bed. That and a couple more regular straps, and we were gold.
are you talking about a canyon dancer?

I'm also curious about this. i know i can fit two bikes in my truck with the gate up, but i'm not exactly sure how to go about tying them both down

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
definetely get the canyon dancer.... very worthy.

you may have to "shoe" the bikes, one in head first and other tail first.

run tiedown straps through wheels if necessary.

you may need to get creative with tie down points also.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Being as it's an '85 model...Go to loews and buy an eyebolt. Drill hole in middle of bed, mount eyebolt. (be mindful of looking under where your hole is going first though.) Go to local bikestore and buy fork straps. Use these for front forks. For the rear, I usually run straps from rear footpegs to corner bed mounts. being as your bikes are likely longer than bed, run straps to fromt of rear swingarm or someplace on frame.

I also like to put most of the strain(pull) on the rear straps. This gets the front of front end off the bed in case of accident. I snug the front enough to keeps the bikes uprigght and take the rest of the pull out on the rear straps. Always cinches down very stable for me.

OR you could go to the loews and buy some 2x4 and make your own front tire chocks...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Judging by the fact that i've seen 4 dirt bikes in the back of an eightees toyota pickup i would think 2 cbr's would fit into your truck.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Judging by the fact that i've seen 4 dirt bikes in the back of an eightees toyota pickup i would think 2 cbr's would fit into your truck.
Hey awesome!!! Thats great to know..... ........... but he is trying to fit a CBR and an R1....... not two CBR's :crackup: .... LOL I couldn't help myself.....

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
cycle clinch is waaaaaay better than the canyon dancer.

·
Registered
278 Posts
We've crammed two F4is with cages AND a crf50 in my roomates truck. The cages were basically touching, so we strapped them together and strapped the bikes down like we would any other day. Then the fiddy got strapped sideways to the back tires lol

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
definetely get the canyon dancer.... very worthy.

you may have to "shoe" the bikes, one in head first and other tail first.

run tiedown straps through wheels if necessary.

you may need to get creative with tie down points also.
Whatever you do, do NOT put one in backwards. You can do this with naked bikes, but with a bike that has a windshield or upper, like your RR, the wind is gonna catch in there and rip it right off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts