·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
read the descriptions, different chains in each kit

kit 1: Vortex Sprockets and TYC O-Ring Chain
kit 2: Vortex Sprockets and RK 520XSO Chain

Yes and No

Kit 1 says: Vortex Sprockets and TYC O-Ring Chain Vortex Sprockets and RK 520GXW Chain

Kit 2 says:Vortex Sprockets and RK 520XSO Chain Vortex Sprockets and RK 520GXW Chain

they both have EK chains as options, so I wonder. Yeah, it's probably worth the ten dollars for peace of mind to get the better brand, just want to be sure, ya know?

So do you guys think that it just makes a difference which one is the base chain in the kit?

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
they both have EK chains as options, so I wonder. Yeah, it's probably worth the ten dollars for peace of mind to get the better brand, just want to be sure, ya know?

So do you guys think that it just makes a difference which one is the base chain in the kit?
i would prefer the piece of mind of dealing with a reputable company that doesnt try to confuse customers with improper wording on their website.

If I were you, I would buy from someone like MotoMummy, even if you have to pay more, you will know what you're getting and will have a great company backing what they sell you.

And also their instructions tell you to jam a piece of wood in the rim to remove the front sprocket?????? WTF is up with that?????

·
Registered
539 Posts
Bite the bullet and go with Motomummy. Ive used em several times and cant say how much I enjoy using them.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
If you compare apples to apples we are less expensive. Every chain comes with a rivet link from us and we don't sell bare alum sprockets like they do. If we did they would be less expensive then theirs. We just sell quality kits as you actually have a safer kit (won't break nearly as easily) and less expensive kit in the long run (won't wear out nearly as quickly). We don't sell those low end chains either.

We are very selective on our sprockets as well. We only pick hard anodized alum sprockets that we have seen very few issues with and are known to use great quality alum. We also sell the lightweight steel 520 rear sprockets.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
If you compare apples to apples we are less expensive. Every chain comes with a rivet link from us and we don't sell bare alum sprockets like they do. If we did they would be less expensive then theirs. We just sell quality kits as you actually have a safer kit (won't break nearly as easily) and less expensive kit in the long run (won't wear out nearly as quickly). We don't sell those low end chains either.

We are very selective on our sprockets as well. We only pick hard anodized alum sprockets that we have seen very few issues with and are known to use great quality alum. We also sell the lightweight steel 520 rear sprockets.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.
I can see you certainly have quite a loyal following on here!

The second kit is a rivet style master link with the RK chain, meaning this is the same kit I bought 4 & 1/2 years ago with no problems other than I am not a fan of aluminum (we big guys tend to put strain on drive systems, lol)

pretty sure they just had a typo in their description.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
the best chains from each manufacturer will be

rk gxw
did erv3
ek mvxz & zzz

with how much power bikes are putting out I would recommend sticking with the upper end chains. If you've ever seen a chain break and take out an engine, swingarm, rim, or foot you wouldn't consider anything but the best chain. They are stronger, last longer, and safer and only about 20 bucks more or so normally. Brakes, Drivetrain, tires, and safety gear and areas I wouldn't recommend going cheap on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts