Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2 Funny cop stories that happened to me!!!

Haven't posted in a while...so these incidents happened sometime last year...

1)

I was practicing wheelies (I know I know squid blah blah...) in what I thought was a cop-free street in Orange County.

I was having so much fun, I didn't realize a cop car was right behind me as it blared its siren at me. So I pull over... :police:

As soon as I stop, two cops jump out of the car, and hide behind their doors with their hands on their GUNS!!! :help:

They yell into their loudspeaker "SLOWLY DISMOUNT YOUR VEHICLE!" I comply.

"PUT YOUR HANDS ON THE SEAT OF YOUR VEHICLE!" I comply.

"SLOWLY REMOVE YOUR HELMENT!" I comply. By this time I realize that this is not a routine pullover.

After I remove my helmet, both cops seem to relax a little. One stays by the door and the other walks up to me and asks for my license, insurance and registration. I comply.

After running my info, he walks back and hands me my stuff. I ask, "Officer, is everything okay?"

He responds, "An APB was just issued for a stolen Yellow motorcycle. However, you don't match the suspect's description."

I breathe a sigh of relief as he looks my bike up and down.

He says, "Nice bike...but keep it on two wheels," and both cops leave me ticketless. WHEW! :icon_salu

2)

Got pulled over by a bike cop in Orange County for what I thought was no reason...wasn't speeding, doing wheelies or anything wrong. :police:

The bike cop asks me for license, insurance and registration, I comply.

After realizing that I have a clean record and valid insurance. He comes over and says, "I was following you closely for a good mile and I could not see your license plate."

He points to my Competition Werks Fender Eliminator Kit and I point out there is a light to illuminate it. :angel9:

He says, "Those kits are still illegal...please put your stock kit back on so your license plate is visible. Next time I see you with that kit, I'm gonna pull you over and give you a ticket." Whew... :icon_salu

So I get back on my bike and realize I LEFT MY LIGHTS ON!!! I hit the starter button and my battery is dead... :banghead:

I dismount my bike and ask the cop if he can push me so I can pop the clutch and restart my bike. He smurks and says ok...

Imagine driving by and you see a bike cop, running and pushing a sportbike down a street in Orange County...wouldn't that be a funny sight??? :sign10:

After I pop the clutch in 2nd...bike starts and I give the cop a salute! :wave:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
hell yeah, that would be crazy to see a officer pushing your bike..haha ive met some really cool officers here but there are alot who are not cool here in el paso.. but they are out there, ive had long conversations about questions i had with cool officers who reply, and gladly leave...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Imagine driving by and you see a bike cop, running and pushing a sportbike down a street in Orange County...wouldn't that be a funny sight??? :sign10:

After I pop the clutch in 2nd...bike starts and I give the cop a salute! :wave:

I would laugh my ass off!

·
Registered
27 Posts
aaha nice man. i live in ohio.. cops dont like street bikes to well at all. i got them called on me for riden wheelies on my '07.. yeaaaaa deffinantly wasnt stopping, or givin the officer the chance to get close enough to run my tags.. i dont get my Ls back to september.. i woulda been toast if he asked for em!!! you guys are lucky out in CA.. question : ive been to cali a few times, i have cousins that live in Orange county.. i think they live in Corona now (dont know if its still parta oc.. i dont know the counties out there.. ).. on the highways bikes would split traffic in rush hour.. drive down the center lines... is that legal or just excepted out there??

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Long story to short story, I popped the wheelies twice on a busy street and I didn't have a muffler and a plate and the officer still let me go.. I was wearing full suit and had a race tires on.. later on he told me he was a rider too so he tap on my shoulder and told me to ride home safe.. I was so lucky!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aaha nice man. i live in ohio.. cops dont like street bikes to well at all. i got them called on me for riden wheelies on my '07.. yeaaaaa deffinantly wasnt stopping, or givin the officer the chance to get close enough to run my tags.. i dont get my Ls back to september.. i woulda been toast if he asked for em!!! you guys are lucky out in CA.. question : ive been to cali a few times, i have cousins that live in Orange county.. i think they live in Corona now (dont know if its still parta oc.. i dont know the counties out there.. ).. on the highways bikes would split traffic in rush hour.. drive down the center lines... is that legal or just excepted out there??
Corona Del Mar? Beach city in OC. Corona? Industrial city in San Bernardino County.

That is called "lane splitting." Perfectly legal in the state of California...as long as you are traveling under the speed limit. I've done a quite a few times myself...kinda scary and tiring...have to be hyper-alert with fingers on the brakes...but it sure beats the Cali traffic!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
i havent been out there in about 2 years.. settin n a car n a bike goes by.. i get scared for em.. if you did that out here in ohio, youd get leveled by some idiot opening their door or throwing their arm out the window/.pissed at the guy infront of him. people are just flat stupid and dont respect bikes here at all!!! pisses me off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts