Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i jus bought a new 2003, 0 miles, on friday and what i have noticed is that i am getting this weird studdering at 8mph in first gear not at 7 or 9. If i am on the gas at all it doesnt happen though? Not sure of what it could be so i figured i would ask here. Also do you think i should bring it in to be checked out?

2nd question about how many miles do you get on a full tank of gas. Seeing how this is only my first tank it jus seems odd that i only got like 109miles. On my 2000 F4 i would get like 200 plus and the same thing with my old old fzr600. O yea with reference to getting on it i used the brake in procedure that motoman said.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
109 is almost exactly what I'm getting too... as for the stutter...I'm guessing its just chuggin cause of low RPM. I have been finding out lately that the RR just DOES NOT like going slow or hanging out in traffic. I'm not saying I drive like a maniac...but trying to cruise around going slow sucks...the bike just gives me feedback that it wants to go just a bit faster....60 and up...it loves it!!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
NoMoJo said:
Yea definitely likes going fast. damn didnt know the gas mileage sucked that much though!
performance and power......vs..........a little extra gas......

·
Registered
494 Posts
I had 115 miles on the odo when i filled up today and it only took about 3 gallons. That was my first tank of gas so I varied the rpm's quite a bit, not redlining but by no means taking it easy. I'd guess it's capable of about 140 miles if you take it easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts