Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn, it looks like i'm gonna get rain again this weekend in this part of southeast Asia....Last weekend's track day was canceled due to fog and I didn't get to take the promo Ducati 999s out on the track. Instead, they had some Kamikazes go out in their modified Mazda sport/box cars and pretend to be cool. Some were doing laps with their stereo's blaring, others talking on their cellphones and a few having a smoke...all while going around the track!....then, it was the nut job NSR 150s who went out and all managed to lowside at the same place one after another....because their turn in to turn 1 was over a slick painted line...it was easily avoidable but I guess none of them figured out that it would be slippery because of the mist!....but the show stopper was a modified 125cc scooter who schooled all the NSR's and even managed to get his knee down!....All of us normal riders just had a blast watching these guys entertain us while I was wanting more and more to go out there and put in some fast laps on the 999s or my 600RR....but the track was too wet!....it was postponed to this week but the damn rain hasen't let up and I guess it's gonna be like this for another week!....now, i'm going nuts!...I've done all Ihad to do to the bike, washed, waxed, oil change..and ever stared at it for an hour....I read all the new motorcycle mags for this month and the past year!....but I have a few Asahi's sitting in the fridge....I guess i'll put a few of those back and watch some Japanese SBK races on TV....thanks for listening boys..just had to vent!....don't you all just hate having the best bike sitting in the garage and not being able to go out because of the weather!...Cheers

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Hahahahahahahahahaha...dude...welcome to the last 5 or 6 months of my LIFE due to snow...rain, sandy streets, and anything you could possibly think of...I hadn't even taken my bike out for a good ride until last week when it finally broke 50 degree's outside...before that I took lots of little rides in 30 to 40 degree weather...but those are just teasers...it's been raining a lot here too, but I don't mind too much, because it's getting rid of all the extra sand and salt on the roads...so I don't really mind it too much...just hang in there, bro...just think about how much sweeter it'll be when you finally do get to ride! Hang in there

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
don't you all just hate having the best bike sitting in the garage and not being able to go out because of the weather
I feel your pain living where I do. Seems we go from winter temps right into 95 + temps in the course of 5 weeks. When you do get out on the 999 dont forget to give us your impressions please. Whats the name of the track you run at?

V

·
0 Posts
Sorry about the weather... I would love to share the year round Florida sunshine with you guys.. but I cant. HAHA!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah dudes, I know that it's much harder to deal with winters back home...6 months of rain, snow, slush...and then the sand on the roads in spring!...I shouldn't complain...but it's still hard wether it's a week or 6 months!...There is only 1 track in Taiwan, it's called TIS(Taoyuan International speedway)..it's about 2km's long and quite narrow...but great for cornering...but the straight is quite short..I can get the bike up to 150 and then get hard on the brakes to make a long double apex right sweeper!...but now, i might keep my speed a bit longer now that I have AP racing SS pads on the bike!...we'll see how they turn out...if the rain can bugger off!...cheers!...i'm on Asahi number 3 already!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on beer number 6 already...and gonna move to a bottle of rice wine now...and play some NHL 2004 on PS2...and whip my Finnish roomate...last time, I beat him 14-2 using my hometown Montreal Canadiens!...

·
4,452 Posts
Haha, Martymcflyrr...awesome SN, I just read it for the first time...I loooovvvveeee Back to the Future...one of my friends is completely obsessed with it...awesome...and NHL 2004? God damn...you must be one hell of a cool dude! Don't really care too much for the Canadien's...but two out of 3 ain't bad...make sure to let us all know how you like the 999 when you finally get a chance to ride it

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back to the future rules...and the Montreal Canadiens have sucked a lot over the last 10 years...but, on my side it's a more personal thing, being french canadian and all...and growing up with skates on and my dad yelling in the stands!....It's kinda hard for some to undertand unless they are from an original six city or town!...but, i just beat my roomate despite getting quite buzzed now!...7-0....game on!...laters!

·
4,452 Posts
Eh...yeah, I can see where you're coming from with the origional six and all...I played hockey all the way up 'til my senior year (this year) because I couldn't play this year...I got myself a bad case of the Rhumatoid Arthritis (yeah, at age 18) over the last summer...and am just now starting to feel well enough to play sports again...it's pretty lame-ass having such a thing...but it's all good, I don't really think I would have gone anywhere in hockey anyway...I would have played Varsity this year...but that's it

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i wouldn't have gone too far either...I paid too much attention to chicks when I was in school...i went to French elementary school with Vincent lecavalier and we went to the same high school together since we were buddies(still are) and played on the same High school team until he went out west before getting into the NHL...we were on the jr team in our high school while Peter Worrell was on the Sr team!...again, the hockey community is close in Montreal....i played Hockey here in taiwan a few years ago and it sucked..the ice was soft as hell and the other expat players were all show-offs....but, i go back home once a year for 2 months and I play hockey everyday during that time!....laters!...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I agree, you can really learn throttle control in the rain. The first two years I was legal to drive I didn`t even bother getting a car license, just road the bike 52 weeks a year. Maybe thats why I hate the cold so much now. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts